IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, pongo said:

I cannot see this working for the IOM. Since there is no way of knowing whether a person arriving here has come from the UK or, say, red zone. A person arriving from Gatwick would surely not be treated as having arrived from England.

I am surprised that anyone got away with that. When you travel on to the IOM you have to pass out into the airport and then back via security. In this sense the concept of being a "transit passenger" surely does not apply.

Let's hope someone asks at one of the press briefings.

Well it’s worked for Channel Islands so assume we’re copying good system so afraid you’ll just have to get on with it or stay in bunker 😂
if entering uK from red zone countries you have to quarantine in hotel whether transit or not , confirmed by CM recently 

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

face coverings and social distancing

This HAS to go.  It is the ultimate sign of government coercion but most importantly, your acceptance of that coercion.  Why? Because 'they' say so when 'they' have no concrete evidence to support either action but by leaving an edict like tha tin place it means 'they' still retain that element of control to turn on or off at their whim.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, snowman said:

Does this mean if you land in Heathrow, you can travel onwards to IOM on same day or following day, without having to undergo the UK testing regime?

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/568/regulation/5

3B.[F2(1) This regulation applies to a person (“P”) specified in regulation 3AA(1) who—

(a)intends to remain in England for two days or more after the day of their arrival; or

(b)intended to remain in England for less than two days after the day of their arrival but in fact remains in England for two days or more.]

35 minutes ago, pongo said:

I cannot see this working for the IOM. Since there is no way of knowing whether a person arriving here has come from the UK or, say, red zone. A person arriving from Gatwick would surely not be treated as having arrived from England.

I am surprised that anyone got away with that. When you travel on to the IOM you have to pass out into the airport and then back via security. In this sense the concept of being a "transit passenger" surely does not apply.

Let's hope someone asks at one of the press briefings.

YES "snowman"

It is explained here (top of page):

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65760-iom-covid-removing-restrictions/page/2016/

I believe it is the same piece of legislation as what is quoted in the above link. Do your homework.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

masks & SD may be needed to help control

But why?  Billions have pounds have been spent on the vaccination programme - and if you are suggesting that we still have to walk around like masked untouchables what the hell has this vaccine push all been for?

It either works and as many on here have said, we have to live with it and medically cater for it; or it doesn't in which case WE must decide whether the rights and freedoms of the 99% should be sacrificed for the 1%.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

This HAS to go.  It is the ultimate sign of government coercion but most importantly, your acceptance of that coercion.  Why? Because 'they' say so when 'they' have no concrete evidence to support either action but by leaving an edict like tha tin place it means 'they' still retain that element of control to turn on or off at their whim.

It is all down politics. Not to say power and control.

I am starting a terrorism organisation on this island to lead the rebellion.

I will provide a raw (stealth) Monero address later; to deal with the funding issues.

We will regain our freedoms; one way or the other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

But why?  Billions have pounds have been spent on the vaccination programme - and if you are suggesting that we still have to walk around like masked untouchables what the hell has this vaccine push all been for?

It either works and as many on here have said, we have to live with it and medically cater for it; or it doesn't in which case WE must decide whether the rights and freedoms of the 99% should be sacrificed for the 1%.

I don’t agree with merely suggesting what Howard meant when cases return on borders reopened, it maybe a sop to the keep us isolated brigade so they don’t panic so much.

One finger salute to Covid passports.

That was meant to be the vaccine most suitable for the under 30s: "one shot and you are off to Ibiza".

No thank you.

European rollout of Johnson & Johnson vaccination delayed after series of clotting cases

One woman has died in the United States has died, while another is in a critical condition in hospital

Johnson and Johnson's vaccination rollout in Europe has been delayed following reports of blood clots in the United States.

US federal health agencies recommended pausing the use of the vaccine earlier on Tuesday as numerous women under 50 developed a rare blood disorder.

The UK has 30 million doses of the inoculation on order but it has not yet been signed off for use by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

Six women in the US, between the ages of 18 and 48, fell ill within two weeks of receiving the single dose vaccination.

One woman has died, while another is in a critical condition in hospital, dealing a fresh setback to efforts to tackle the pandemic.

The blood clot cases are currently being reviewed with European health agencies, according to a statement released by Johnson & Johnson: "We have been reviewing these cases with European health authorities," it said. "We have made the decision to proactively delay the rollout of our vaccine in Europe."

US federal agencies also halt all use. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it was investigating clots, in combination with reduced platelet counts in a joint statement on Tuesday. US federal distribution channels, including mass vaccination sites, will pause all the use of the vaccine, and states and other providers are expected to follow.

11 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

.... and over to you the Great Manx Public don’t F it up 🙂

I am sorry, but to fuck around and about is precisely the plan!
I have penciled Monday the 19th on my diary; to start with.

Don't need no introduction I'm a fool
School girl but I didn't make it out of school
Mama told me "I done raised a fool"
But I didn't listen, I was optimistic
And now I'm in the studio, see no competition
They sneakin' and dissin' don't care bout them bitches
I had a dream of Beamers on 6's
Give me three months and I swear I'ma get it, oh
Big money get in quick, you know we ball out
We do all the shit that you just talk bout
I left my ex-nigga in the dog house
Two phones, I ignore his calls now
Cause I'm up now
And they do not want to see this girl shinin'
Give a fuck now
You just say that you bout it, you lyin'
Fuck it up, west side niggas know we fuck it up
Dubs up, how you know we thug it up
If you don't ends, you cannot with us
You cannot fuck with us
You know we drunk as fuck
Drugs in the club cause the club with us
The G's all think, you know I'm number one
If you don't get no cheese, you get no love from us
You get no love from us, you get no love from us
Fuck it up girl, go on fuck it up
This Petron, I got the devil in my cup
Fuck it up girl, go on fuck it up
Rich nigga pay whatever for a nut
Go west (go, go, go, go)
Gotta keep the nine on me, she say these niggas brazy
Niggas say they made me, well make another me
In that Benzo
Maybach, a nigga bought a limbo
Thick, thick ass got dimples
Fuck then nut, shit simple
That's what I'm here for
I got sharkses out here I'm a fool with it
This movie don't need extras I'm too with it
Chessboard you would think I move with it
I'm a builder and you know Bob keep a tool with him
Fuck it up, west side niggas know we fuck it up
Dubs up, how you know we thug it up
If you don't ends, you cannot with us
You cannot fuck with us
You know we drunk as fuck
Drugs in the club cause the club with us
The G's all think, you know I'm number one
If you don't get no cheese, no love from us
You get no love from us, you get no love from us

Yes Monday seems the big day. A couple of salons have said they have been told they can open on Monday and someone on here said 1886 were getting stocks in. Let the carnage begin lol If all true its going to be mahem in pubs . Think I'll give it a miss for a week or so .

• Like 2