IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

27 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I resolved this morning (but not 100%).

Had to go to local surgery (Village Walk, Onchan) and present ID. Was then issued individual login details for Patient Access (separate website) where I had to register.

Once done, immunisations and vaccines visible on NHS App which I'd already installed.

Only issue being the vaccine types and batch numbers are not listed. Not acceptable for foreign travel as it currently stands.

Therefore we need letters from our Surgery / Govt. clarifying vaccine date(s), types and batch numbers until such time the App is updated.

As both patient access and NHS app seem to show the same information why can't the IOM DHSC get the patient access website and app lot to add a separate section with shows the QR code certificate for the vaccinations.

At least then you would only need the one app

My second immunisation appeared on my immunisation record on the NHS app about a week after it had reached the Patient Access system. Still waiting for it to show up on the covid 19 part.

I am currently in Heathrow en route to IOM from an Amber listed country (Lebanon). Check in this morning at Beirut airport demanded a UK Passenger Locator Form QR code (done), recent PCR test in Beirut (done), proof of vaccine & UK test to release registration (the 2 PCR tests on arrival. 

Needless to say it was VERY difficult to get a boarding card with the dog eared vaccination certificate card, a couple of badly formatted emails from 111 with the Manx PCR test to release swab dates, and, due to increasing desperation, my IOM driving licence 'we're not the same as the UK, loook! 🤪'

I fear a lot of us are going to be stranded in far away places this summer without a fully joined up UK-IOM system in place asap. Airlines are understandably nervous and confused by the ever moving goal posts, and Ashford & co doing fuck all about it isn't helping.

Edited by germann
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, germann said:

My second immunisation appeared on my immunisation record on the NHS app about a week after it had reached the Patient Access system. Still waiting for it to show up on the covid 19 part.

I am currently in Heathrow en route to IOM from an Amber listed country (Lebanon). Check in this morning at Beirut airport demanded a UK Passenger Locator Form QR code (done), recent PCR test in Beirut (done), proof of vaccine & UK test to release registration (the 2 PCR tests on arrival. 

Needless to say it was VERY difficult to get a boarding card with the dog eared vaccination certificate card, a couple of badly formatted emails from 111 with the Manx PCR test to release swab dates, and, due to increasing desperation, my IOM driving licence 'we're not the same as the UK, loook! 🤪'

I fear a lot of us are going to be stranded in far away places this summer without a fully joined up UK-IOM system in place asap. Airlines are understandably nervous and confused by the ever moving goal posts, and Ashford & co doing fuck all about it isn't helping.

Boris advising nightclubs to use the NHS Covid Pass once England opens up. Can't wait to go across to England and start getting denied entry to places as the IOM hasn't got the vaccine data on there yet.

Other things such as concerts & sport to be considered too. Really should've been some sort of update when Ashford told Moulton in the last press briefing that it'd be ready to go on the 28th June!

Edited by swoopy2110

22 minutes ago, germann said:

The bigger concern in my view is testing positive and being stranded abroad.  That is going to be happening. A lot.  Then what happens?

Imagine in somewhere like the US?  You could see them carting you off to some sort of penitentiary. 

44 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'm not convinced that matches Tynwald's appetite for risk, especially with an election looming.

Many are going to be very disappointed. We are opening shortly, make no bones about it.

The grounds & reasons for continuing to lock us up on our return from near & distant shores are diminishing with every jab in the arm. 

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The Cat With No Tail in Onchan is now closed after being contacted by 111. So that’s the business funding people to be off work this week. All because someone who tested positive has been in there. 

A lot of businesses I think are rightfully worried about ending up in that position. If your staff have to isolate, how do you stay open?

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Which points out how ridiculous the situation is. Why stay in business if you could be shut down every other day just by having customers on your premises who may test positive? 

It is TOTALLY ridiculous. We are either living with it or we aren't. Living with it isn't track and trace being anal.

• Thanks 1