IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Raffles said:

I am sick of absolute whoppers crying over twitter posts on here. Can't what happens on Twitter stay on Twitter ffs.

Just comment on Twitter. It's pathetic moaning on here about people you dont like on Twitter. 

Problem is that if they comment on twitter they get a prompt response from the Doom Coven 🤣

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Raffles said:

I am sick of absolute whoppers crying over twitter posts on here. Can't what happens on Twitter stay on Twitter ffs.

Just comment on Twitter. It's pathetic moaning on here about people you dont like on Twitter. 

I am sick of absolute whoppers crying over Tynwald comments on here. Can't what happens in Tynwald stay in Tynwald ffs.

Yeah.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I am sick of absolute whoppers crying over Tynwald comments on here. Can't what happens in Tynwald stay in Tynwald ffs.

That seems to be about it. A few people wanting to set the agenda on here. I was looking back up this thread. So many posters who don’t seem to be around anymore. Presumably blocked or banned for daring to question some of the raging covid loonies who fill these threads and who also splatter their ramblings all over Twitter? Or just given up swimming against the tide of madness? I was in a meeting the other day when one of the doomers Twitter activities were openly mocked. There’s plenty sniggering behind open hands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone else see/hear this? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ending-covid-self-isolation-inevitable-says-minister/

"One area where the UK government doesn’t appear to be reviewing its stance is on mandatory vaccination for healthcare workers.

It’s something both the chief executive of Manx Care, Teresa Cope, and the Health Minister have ruled out happening here:"

Seems like this could be a sensible move to me.  I'm against forcing people to get vaxxed if they don't want to and I understand there seems to be quite a few health workers in the UK that stand to lose their jobs if they're not vaxxed. 

Could be a recruiting opportunity for Manx Care?  Aren't they pretty desperate for staff?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Yeah.

Oh yeah, because someone's personal posts on Twitter are absolutely akin to MHKs talking about Iskand policies in Tynwald or the HoK.

What a whopper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Anyone else see/hear this? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ending-covid-self-isolation-inevitable-says-minister/

"One area where the UK government doesn’t appear to be reviewing its stance is on mandatory vaccination for healthcare workers.

It’s something both the chief executive of Manx Care, Teresa Cope, and the Health Minister have ruled out happening here:"

Seems like this could be a sensible move to me.  I'm against forcing people to get vaxxed if they don't want to and I understand there seems to be quite a few health workers in the UK that stand to lose their jobs if they're not vaxxed. 

Could be a recruiting opportunity for Manx Care?  Aren't they pretty desperate for staff?

The mandatory vaccinations won't change. It's part of the managed collapse of the NHS to push UK healthcare into the hands of tory donors private providers. 

But you're right, a great opportunity for Manx Care. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What about this misery guts!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-60076381

I would rather have another dose of the Omicron that listen to this man drone on.

Him and Wee Jimmy Krankie are like peas in a pod.  Frankly they're welcome to their little third world countries! Wales however know they don't have any oil so would be fully screwed if they went independent. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I'm not in favour of compulsory vaccination in this case myself (though it's worth pointing out that healthcare and other employees accept other vaccinations as part of employment) but I think this is a non starter for various reasons.

There aren't actually that  many who are refusing vaccination, some may not have done so for valid worries (eg about allergies) or because they didn't fulfil the  criteria at the time (such as a recent infection).  And many of those actually refusing seem to me to be be lower-skilled workers, who aren't all that mobile.

But most of all, the last people you want to recruit for skilled healthcare are those who can't see both the personal and (to a lesser extent) societal benefits of vaccination when there's so much evidence.  They're likely to have similar bizarre beliefs that that affect other areas of the work, based on nothing more than that they think their own feelings and ideas are much more important than scientific knowledge and the welfare of patients.  And they'll probably be an absolute pain to work with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Raffles said:

Oh yeah, because someone's personal posts on Twitter are absolutely akin to MHKs talking about Iskand policies in Tynwald or the HoK.

It’s all soapbox politics at the end of the day and it’s all open for anyone to comment on, on any platform they choose. Presumably that’s why people put their ideas in the public domain in the first place. They want other people to comment on them otherwise why would you? It’s fine if you want a reputation as a wailing Twitter wally just don’t expect other people not to have a view on your state of mind or the paranoia you try to spread. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But most of all, the last people you want to recruit for skilled healthcare are those who can't see both the personal and (to a lesser extent) societal benefits of vaccination when there's so much evidence.  They're likely to have similar bizarre beliefs that that affect other areas of the work, based on nothing more than that they think their own feelings and ideas are much more important than scientific knowledge and the welfare of patients.  And they'll probably be an absolute pain to work with.

I know a couple of well educated, professional, sensible people that haven't been vaxxed purely because they are genuinely healthy and fit and don't see the need.  They don't rant about it nor push any kind of bizarre beliefs.  I wouldn't say they are anti-vaxxers, they've just not had it because they don't believe they need it - they don't get the flu jab, so why this?  I'd say realistically they will probably get it once they start to encounter the blocks to travelling etc however.   They've caught Covid recently and were fine, so to some extent they have been proved right. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Why though? I know of a medical professional who made their own decision based on their personal risks. They said to me that yes while they are required to have a polio jab, that was on the back of 30+ years of vaccine research and the fact that polio was a really nasty, life threatening disease to even young and healthy people. Where as Covid presented a lower risk to young healthy people. 

That's their own prerogative and should remain so until a time when professional bodies such as the various Royal Colleges advise otherwise. The Royal College of Nursing has called for the mandate to be scrapped as has the Royal College of Midwives - the NHS can ill afford to lose thousands of staff at the moment. Cases of heart disease, cancer and all other sorts of problems are rocketing and these healthcare workers are needed to help. 

I don't really inderstand your comment about 'bizarre beliefs'  of healthcare workers - did you worry about this before the start of the pandemic? If I need urgent medical care then I'm not too worried about whether the doctor is a flat earther, a UFO conspiracist or not  - so long as they're qualified and work to the same standards of other doctors. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1