IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm amazed. Did the thread get heavily edited and locked? That incident was a real example of money talks and no one else is allowed to.

There is still mentions of his last name, there is also a mention of the poor woman he killed, although in separate posts. I’m not sure if it’s less hurtful for the family for it to not be discussed? the feeling at the time was an absolute horrible one, but others have also walked away scot free since in very similar accidents. 

7 minutes ago, CowMan said:

He sued or threatened to sue everyone who didn’t take stuff down. To this day an awful human being. 

Apparently after a certain time has elapsed it’s perfectly possible to contact the like of Google and request all data that has been held after criminal conviction is deleted.  I saw a Facebook advert the other day for a service that basically will remove all data held, mentioned something to do with rehabilitation act and I think the time frame was around 10 years.

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Re Vit D , having struggled with M.E for alot of years had many convo's with my GP and practice nurse and they have always said we should all take it as most have a lack of it in our system . Also apparently as a generalisation they dont test for it when getting blood tests apparently due to the lack of it in so many. I know theres a few Doctors in this forum and perhaps they have a input. 

Ah so if you don't test for it, you won't find it, therefor it is not a problem to deal with. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I feel very out of the loop.

Sorry, it’s still something that angers me to this day and the mention of his name or the accident make my teeth itch.

To put you in the loop he who can’t be named was driving a Mercedes rather fast towards Hillberry, after not scrubbing enough speed off he rounds the corner on the wrong side of the road (he blamed brake failure, no evidence found) and hit an oncoming biker who was travelling in the opposite direction, in her own lane and through no fault of her own was killed.

Some things are better laid to rest but there appeared to be absolutely zero justice whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

There is still mentions of his last name, there is also a mention of the poor woman he killed, although in separate posts. I’m not sure if it’s less hurtful for the family for it to not be discussed? the feeling at the time was an absolute horrible one, but others have also walked away scot free since in very similar accidents. 

Could you link to that thread, I had a little search but must be looking in the wrong place. 

3 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

My thoughts are that the election time is already upon us. Over the next several months, Manx airwaves will be full of our current and aspiring politicians alike, (helpfully) telling the public what they think we want to hear, just as they did 4 years ago and 4 years before that, and so on. The reason most of these 'good ideas' will never see the light of day is because as soon as the said politicians get into power they promptly fall into line under the guise of the 'collective responsibility'. Political 'aspirations' will be quickly forgotten along with their manifestos, and earnest wafflings, etc.  

21 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Ah so if you don't test for it, you won't find it, therefor it is not a problem to deal with. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

To be charitable to the DHSC (although I am not really sure that the charity is justified in this case), I think they arrived at their position on Vit D testing and supplementation because the significance of low results, or even what constituted a low result, was poorly understood at the time, unless the results were very low indeed. It is possible to end up treating test results rather than treating people. I think most clinicians took a pragmatic approach, rather than following the policy to the letter.

The understanding of the effects of low Vitamin D levels, particularly as they relate to Covid-19 are increasing, so hopefully that will prompt a review of their earlier position. I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Could you link to that thread, I had a little search but must be looking in the wrong place. 

Discussion on this subject is carefully policed IIRC, legal implications and such, it's been brought up a couple of times in recent years?

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He gets a mention is this thread, which was actually about a similar dodgy overtake like that RS, you’ll have to hunt to find the info, he’s mostly referred to as D**** because almost everything with his name in either gets removed/deleted.

• Like 1