IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Let’s hope it’s no holds barred, warts & all.

It could be an uncomfortable briefing for HQ, DA & HE following the evidence if the press get a voice.

So rather than hoping for something constructive to come out of it you view it as a point scoring exercise and have firmly nailed your colours to the mast

I could equally hope for the good doctor to be put back in her box but would prefer  something useful to come out of it.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I was speaking to someone with pretty high reaching contacts in the UK Govt a few weeks ago and he was saying this has been quite the coup for the Brexited UK and it had swayed many remainers to agree that maybe Brexit was actually a good thing. 

Procurement of vaccine is nothing to do with Brexit. Any EU member has and had the ability to procure or invest in whichever vaccine they wished 

• Like 2

Here's a graph of the Facebook viewing figures today.

Yes, I think I may have a touch of OCD with this, but I'd just like to reiterate that the viewing figures do not dramatically fall off once the question start, and whoever fed that line to the Chief Minister, presumably as a means to curry favour, needs a good fucking.

The Youtube figures would be spread over various outlets and taking a quick look, I see are usually a few 100 and more-or-less constant throughout the broadcast. Manx Radio numbers I don't know, and neither does anyone else, but I would say Facebook is indicative of the  overall listeners/viewers.

Graph_01.thumb.jpg.bf74599a3852f7e120bc365866daf68d.jpg

Edited by Barlow

3 hours ago, Zarley said:

Do these cruise ships actually being any money into the island, particularly when they'll only be going to a few select MNH sites?

They bring a King's ransom for fridge magnets, 3 legs stickers and tail-less cat memorabilia.

Laurence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

good graph from Chris witty showing how vaccinations reduce hospitalization dramatically 
image.jpeg.d56662a4412cf735e246ffcded0f1b46.jpeg

Impressive reductions, but even so, if the figures are correct, it would mean 9-10,000 hospital admissions a month across the UK in the under 65's once they are all fully vaccinated. Presumably a lot more on top of that from the over 65's

5 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Impressive reductions, but even so, if the figures are correct, it would mean 9-10,000 hospital admissions a month across the UK in the under 65's once they are all fully vaccinated. Presumably a lot more on top of that from the over 65's

Only if they have COVID & with only c20k cases pm across whole UK and only c5000 Covid patients now in hospital the numbers are expected to fall