Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

Stasi IOM?

Not sure who is giving you info but things are relaxed AF. Pubs, Schools and dentists seem to the the popular talking points although visits to family in vulnerable places such as care/res homes and hospital are also under debate.

There is precious little you can’t do at the moment unless you are cowering behind your net curtains or medically shielding.

• Like 2

Well here it’s been wonderful. The Hand in Hand  pub has a beer hatch and is selling lovely IPA and other great keg and cask ales in 2 pint milk cartons. Lots of curry houses in the same areas doing takeaways etc. lots of riff raff having fun. Cushtie.

2 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Stasi IOM?

Not sure who is giving you info but things are relaxed AF. Pubs, Schools and dentists seem to the the popular talking points although visits to family in vulnerable places such as care/res homes and hospital are also under debate.

There is precious little you can’t do at the moment unless you are cowering behind your net curtains or medically shielding.

Not as relaxed  as Florida , everything open chum. Even live music.

1 hour ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

It blows my mind I will be able to go visit a pub and restaurant with my kids before they are allowed to go to school....I mean wtaf!!

If you spend as much time in pubs as your children do in school, you probably need to take a good look at your lifestyle.  (Or ask H&B for a pay rise).

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you spend as much time in pubs as your children do in school, you probably need to take a good look at your lifestyle.  (Or ask H&B for a pay rise).

I currently spend exactly the same amount of time in pubs as the kid spends in school.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kevster said:

Don’t hold your breath on H&B pubs being open on Monday for food. It might be Thursday before even one of them opens. 

source: the manager of my local earlier today. 

I don’t think it matters as I think H & B are going to find it very hard to get trade back. When I can order a really nice Chinese, Thai or anything else for that matter to my house and eat it in the garden on a nice day with a nice cold beer I bought at Shoprite why on earth would I go to a H & B pub to pay more money to sit in a dull half empty pub and eat one of their crappy ‘ping’ meals and have a pint of overpriced beer? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Are all these cuisines available for home delivery in the Douglas/Onchan area?

Pretty much, the choice of good quality food is endless. Delivery often wider then Douglas and Onchan too - often Baldrine on one side and Braddan and even out to Glenvine on the other. H & B food is rubbish. I can’t see anyone paying for it now having eaten better for 3 months at home. The way many eateries have adapted to home delivery has been brilliant. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1