Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

54 minutes ago, Golfer said:

They are talking about staggering starting times so assume schools will open later to cope, it means some of teachers will have to work longer hours. Should open some if summer to allow kids to catch up. Someone on radio today saying to provision for special needs children who have been largely forgotten by education dept & schools.

It's all a bit ass about face. Instead of trying to get kids into school again (Very difficult) they should be trying to get kids out of school for once. We've had nearly two months now of fantastic weather and there's plenty of learning to be had out of doors and in the community. How many of today's kids are completely out of touch with the countryside and natural world around them ? This is the perfect opportunity but nobody seems to have thought of it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's all a bit ass about face. Instead of trying to get kids into school again (Very difficult) they should be trying to get kids out of school for once. We've had nearly two months now of fantastic weather and there's plenty of learning to be had out of doors and in the community. How many of today's kids are completely out of touch with the countryside and natural world around them ? This is the perfect opportunity but nobody seems to have thought of it. 

This absolutely.

We've been watching nests, from the idiot swans in Castletown who's huge nest floated off with 3 eggs in it on the high tide, to the moorhens with the smallest chicks youve ever seen, feeding a mother goose who hasn't moved for a month even though she hisses at you when you go near, watching an evil Heron eat a duckling, all sorts. Every day for the last two months there has been more life visible, the changes in the path along the silverburn between castletown and ballasalla has been an awesome watch. There is so much going on in the natural world at springtime, I love it and feel its really important to encourage that love in my young fella. Hopefully I have.

Edit - bye bye potential baby swans

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 6

My friends who live in Spain have been sending pictures of themselves and others enjoying nice cold pints in the sun on nice terraces.

its seems bizarre how the worst impacted countries like Spain & Italy that the first things they open up are the outside terraces on bars, albeit 50% capacity and hairdressers whilst us & Uk it's non essential shops like jewelry shops etc!!

49 minutes ago, Golfer said:

My friends who live in Spain have been sending pictures of themselves and others enjoying nice cold pints in the sun on nice terraces.

its seems bizarre how the worst impacted countries like Spain & Italy that the first things they open up are the outside terraces on bars, albeit 50% capacity and hairdressers whilst us & Uk it's non essential shops like jewelry shops etc!!

Maybe do us all a favour and move to Spain...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, madmanx90 said:

There not opening there emptying everything out also at the Manor today. A select few pubs have been fully emptied make of that what you will. 

It's been well rumoured that several of them will never reopen, and the 'cat' was one of them.