Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

France are saying one metre in bars etc with maximum 10 at a table although Paris is just outside at present,New Zealand the same & Howie said he liked the NZ model and was looking to introduce.

Edited by Golfer

I have just had the displeasure of experiencing Strand Street for the first time since lockdown. I seriously hope that the restrictions are loosened soon otherwise we will not have a functioning shopping street. The queues to get into the shops were spilling out on to the streets due to the one in one out policy, or restricted inside numbers. I had planned to go to five stores but could only find a parking limit within a reasonable distance of 1 hour. I managed to get in and out of the first shop in 40 mins, and the next shop asked me to wait outside, but due to the parking limits I couldn’t stay.  So out of five shops where I intended to spend a reasonable amount of cash, I just went to one because of parking, SD restrictions and long queues. As an advocate of shopping local this upsets me, as I will not be returning to Strand Street until normality resumes. As a side note, it was a lovely day and people seemed tolerant of the outside queues, just wait until our usual summer arrives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Boots had that well intentioned but horribly patronising bloke ruining songs and making people's shopping experience less tolerable....

what were you singing?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Golfer said:

France are saying one metre in bars etc with maximum 10 at a table although Paris is just outside at present,New Zealand the same & Howie said he liked the NZ model and was looking to introduce.

Howard and NZ ... hmmm that’ll end well.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Boots had that well intentioned but horribly patronising bloke ruining songs and making people's shopping experience less tolerable....

I didn’t want mention the wanna be X factor contestant. A little contrived for my taste but the crowd we’re cheering him on. Strange times, strange crowd.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

I have just had the displeasure of experiencing Strand Street for the first time since lockdown. I seriously hope that the restrictions are loosened soon otherwise we will not have a functioning shopping street. The queues to get into the shops were spilling out on to the streets due to the one in one out policy, or restricted inside numbers. I had planned to go to five stores but could only find a parking limit within a reasonable distance of 1 hour. I managed to get in and out of the first shop in 40 mins, and the next shop asked me to wait outside, but due to the parking limits I couldn’t stay.  So out of five shops where I intended to spend a reasonable amount of cash, I just went to one because of parking, SD restrictions and long queues. As an advocate of shopping local this upsets me, as I will not be returning to Strand Street until normality resumes. As a side note, it was a lovely day and people seemed tolerant of the outside queues, just wait until our usual summer arrives. 

I'm fairly sure parking restrictions are still null and void; double yellows and disabled spaces were always still enforced but unless I've missed a bulletin then there are no longer any time limits on parking. 

2 hours ago, The Lurker said:

I'm fairly sure parking restrictions are still null and void; double yellows and disabled spaces were always still enforced but unless I've missed a bulletin then there are no longer any time limits on parking. 

Thanks, I wasn't aware that they were suspended. I ended up at the sea terminal in one of their '1 hour' spaces. If I had known I could have spent my entire day queuing, damn it :D