Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

22 minutes ago, manxst said:

It appeared to everyone but yourself that you were insinuating that Dr Glover couldn’t do anything to assist, but that “it was good PR” and nothing else. 

You don’t think that there’s tactics in play? On both sides?

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Unless Dr G has access to the genomics of people who tested positive in lockdown 3 she can’t link to anything/anyone.

Its extremely good PR, however.

If the Government took up my offer they'd have to send both samples and the anonymised COG-UK genomic sequence accessions for me to link them up. Not much point having one without the other. 

What do you mean by "extremely good PR". PR for what? Which of the products my company sells (which aren't linked to or talked about on my Twitter) are the great manx public going to be compelled to purchase after an offer like that?

I would suggest you perhaps be a little less cynical and understand that when you pass someone having a heart attack in the street, you offer to help, you don't walk past. You certainly don't expect people to say "he's only offering to do those chest compressions because it'll be good PR". 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, rachomics said:

If the Government took up my offer they'd have to send both samples and the anonymised COG-UK genomic sequence accessions for me to link them up. Not much point having one without the other. 

What do you mean by "extremely good PR". PR for what? Which of the products my company sells (which aren't linked to or talked about on my Twitter) are the great manx public going to be compelled to purchase after an offer like that?

I would suggest you perhaps be a little less cynical and understand that when you pass someone having a heart attack in the street, you offer to help, you don't walk past. You certainly don't expect people to say "he's only offering to do those chest compressions because it'll be good PR". 

Rachel, they’re not the same though, are they. And the guy doing compressions isn’t involved in a public war or words with anyone, or threatening to sue.

I’ve 40 years litigation experience. I’m not cynical or naive about what potential litigants, on both sides, do to improve perception of their position, I’m just experienced.

I await the outcome. Just hope it doesn’t settle with an NDA. But I’m not going to make my mind up until I’ve seen and heard both sides. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Irrespective of the war of words between RG and DA etc if she can help then we can accept it ?

I don't care about the litigation issues right now but I agree about the NDA. Always hated them. Seen too many used in the past when it was more important to learn the lessons instead.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rachomics said:

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Rachel, they’re not the same though, are they. And the guy doing compressions isn’t involved in a public war or words with anyone, or threatening to sue.

I’ve 40 years litigation experience. I’m not cynical or naive about what potential litigants, on both sides, do to improve perception of their position, I’m just experienced.

I await the outcome. Just hope it doesn’t settle with an NDA. But I’m not going to make my mind up until I’ve seen and heard both sides. 

John Wright, it would appear that on the contrary you have already made your mind up .

You may well have 40 years litigation experience  including , I understand, being criticised by your own IOM professional  body for improper conduct.

I have had 30 years experience ,as a PHI/EHO in dealing with infectious diseases  and I find your comments unhelpful and frankly 'nasty'.

I'm aware that to "question a mod" results in a ban , confirmed in an email citing "spamming" as the reason, so perhaps it is now the time (as there may not be another 😂)to say  I find your moderation of this site  at times 'unfortunate' .

Just saying.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, paswt said:

John Wright, it would appear that on the contrary you have already made your mind up .

You may well have 40 years litigation experience  including , I understand, being criticised by your own IOM professional  body for improper conduct.

I have had 30 years experience ,as a PHI/EHO in dealing with infectious diseases  and I find your comments unhelpful and frankly 'nasty'.

I'm aware that to "question a mod" results in a ban , confirmed in an email citing "spamming" as the reason, so perhaps it is now the time (as there may not be another 😂)to say  I find your moderation of this site  at times 'unfortunate' .

Just saying.

Certainly not made my mind up. Posted repeatedly that we need to see/hear the evidence from both sides. And this isn’t the place given that advocates have apparently been instructed.

As for moderation, the moderators act as a team. We’ve publicly requested, after discussion,  that Dr Glover doesn’t use this social media in the way she was to avoid any allegation of contempt after she has said she had arranged for advocates to issue letters before action, twice now, alleged unfair dismissal, and use of her intellectual property, and both sides have reported matters to the police..

You conflate and confuse two matters. My position and role as a moderator. And my personal views and posting. 

My personal view is that the cult of St Rachel in a litigation situation is unfortunate. I’m as entitled to say that, as are you to disagree.

As a moderator I’m not going to moderate you for personal attacks. It wouldn’t be right. If I post as a moderator I try and make it clear. I’m sorry, personally, you dislike the moderation. It’s a moderated environment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

You don’t think that there’s tactics in play? On both sides?

Quite honestly the time to ponder the truth or otherwise of the claims of Dr Glover & HQ/DA is not now. Dr Glover has made a generous offer. It seems apparent that egos, once again, seem more important than the safety of residents.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Quite honestly the time to ponder the truth or otherwise of the claims of Dr Glover & HQ/DA is not now. Dr Glover has made a generous offer. It seems apparent that egos, once again, seem more important than the safety of residents.

This in a nutshell. I'm sick to death of all this business and currently the only thing that should matter is the health of our population . Everything else pails in comparision and should be pushed to the side till its appropriate to be dealt with which is definately not currently. The stubborn muppets in charge need a slap and swallow their ego's and pride and take up any offer that could help the situation. Its not happening as Boss man and Ashy and the surrounding lackies have not got it in them .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Numbnuts said:

This in a nutshell. I'm sick to death of all this business and currentky the only thing that should matter is the health of our population . Everything else pails in comparision and should be pushed to the side till its appropriate to be dealt with which is definately not currently. The stubborn muppets in charge need a slap and swallow there ego's and pride and take up any offer that could help the situation. Its not happening as Boss man and Ashy and the surrounding lackies have not got it in them .  

You are the 4th H from OCG and I claim my £10

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dreamon said:

The trouble is, it had to be put on Twatter didn't it?

Why not make the offer but shut up about it? Have some class.

Instead, immediate points scoring public tweet.  Which just galvanises people on the other side of this to resist it.

And people go on about the ego of Quayle et al:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The trouble is, it had to be put on Twatter didn't it?

Why not make the offer but shut up about it? Have some class.

Instead, immediate points scoring public tweet.  Which just galvanises people on the other side of this to resist it.

And people go on about the ego of Quayle et al:rolleyes:

Perhaps because she's discovered by now that if you don't do things publicly and in a verifiable way, then it can be denied that you ever made the offer?  I suppose you could do it via lawyers, but Twitter's hourly rates are a bit lower.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Perhaps because she's discovered by now that if you don't do things publicly and in a verifiable way, then it can be denied that you ever made the offer?  I suppose you could do it via lawyers, but Twitter's hourly rates are a bit lower.

Well that doesn't make sense.

If there was a denial of an offer you would simply show the email etc.

The reality is that it's piss poor to tweet about it. 

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

Well that doesn't make sense.

If there was a denial of an offer you would simply show the email etc.

The reality is that it's piss poor to tweet about it. 

Yes it does make perfect sense.

Putting it into the public domain backs that nice Mr Quayle and acolytes into a corner.

The corner being "If it's free then why not...?"

Not rocket science...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Yes it does make perfect sense.

Putting it into the public domain backs that nice Mr Quayle and acolytes into a corner.

The corner being "If it's free then why not...?"

Not rocket science...

Yes, because backing government  into a corner really works, right?

It just fucking stupid.  Could easily have has a casual chat or email under the radar.  Done the job.  Publicly thanked for it.

Instead, this clusterfuck of ego driven nonsense. 

You're right, it isnt rocket science.