Formula 1 championship title

war baby

17 hours ago, war baby said:

I'm talking to myself in this topic, which is a pity as Sunday's race in Brazil was the best performance I have seen in a very long time.  Have a look if you can.

Absolutely fantastic drive from Hamilton.  If I recall correctly he is the first driver to go from 10th on the grid to win in Brazil.

Verstappen was defending desperately and it is interesting that the FIA have come out and said that they have not seen the on-board footage when the two ran off the track. 

It was, however, good to see Hamilton and Verstappen racing and deciding the result on the track. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Decided more on penalties, bt considering I'm no Hammy fan I have to say he drove the cleanest race.

Verstappen is showing himself as a bit of a dirty driver in recent races but i guess that's the game for some people.

Hamilton drives with controlled aggression and has shown over the years that he is able to go wheel to wheel racing safely.  Verstappen is simply aggressive and sometime reckless. 

I hope that we see some good racing next week and that we don't have a situation whereby the championship is decided by a incident or mechanical issue.  I do worry though that Verstappen will either take Hamilton out (I thought he tried to do that twice yesterday) or will take himself out by pushing to hard. 

I suspect that Hamilton and Mercedes will be hoping for a 1/2 on the start line allowing Hamilton to get clear of Verstappen early and stay there.  

got a feeling this years championship is going to be decided in the Court of Arbitration in Sport about halfway through next season rather than at the race this weekend.

2 things I would like to see for the sport, a clean 'fair' race and the winners and losers acting with some decorum.

Sadly as Toto's wild over celebrations and Helmut's 'not accepting of the result' speech show it looks unlikely.

So, hardly have we regained our composure after last Sunday's race, than we move into the final round with the points level pegging.  Unbelievable, but true. 

It's a brave man who picks a winner now... so here goes, my money is still on Lewis.  Provided, that is, that we get to the end of lap one.

Anybody else want to stick their neck out and say?

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Suppose the race order is Bottas, Hamilton, Vestappen and Valterie, as payback time, decided to back Lewis up to Max, Max overtakes, keeps second place and .....champion..?

Wouldn't that be ironic???

In that scenario Lewis would either overtake Bottas, or Bottas would be under team orders to let him past. Not going to happen.

I wouldn’t however be surprised to see Max deliberately take out Lewis and finish up champion based on race wins. 

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

Suppose the race order is Bottas, Hamilton, Vestappen and Valterie, as payback time, decided to back Lewis up to Max, Max overtakes, keeps second place and .....champion..?

Wouldn't that be ironic???

Bottas hasn't got the pace or the skill to keep Hamilton behind him.  If he did then Mercedes would be not be replacing him in the team next year.  Plus he has shown time and time again that he struggles to pass people.  Compare what happens to Bottas when he is further down the grid with what Hamilton does in the same car...