TT 2022 ??

Barlow

5 minutes ago, daisy said:

Computer/user error

Its a family decision and whilst it may be selfish it is theirs to make.

Agree completely and like I say I want the races to continue so they can make those choices but it does need to be made safer. Also it’s often not a “family” decision about if they race or not, it’s a family decision on if they stay with them if they do race (which they are going to do no matter what- that’s the selfish bit)

1 minute ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Not that many of them?  How many ?

You could be looking these things up instead of asking on here you know?

Irwin, Hickman, Harrison, Hillier, Hutchinson, Davo Johnson all ride in BSB. Irwin and Hickman win/finish well in BSB frequently.

As for 50 year old blokes highlighting, the ages of the supersport finishers, in finish order, were...

33, 33, 35, 33, 36, 31, 36, 26, 31, 42.

Valentino Rossi retired from the premier class of motorcycle circuit racing at 43...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Work for one of the largest employees on IOM.  DFE Hmm?  

The IOM would benefit from fresh initiatives

Edit to rephrase sentence

Edited by daisy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, daisy said:

.... and they know the risks .. personal responsibility must take some part.

Of course they know the risks - and I'm sure lots of them would love to be speed freaks flying their own air racers in the Air Race World Championship, but they can't afford to and so don't.

The reason they can afford to come and thrill seek on our closed roads, is because they can enter at an especially low price ... because they don't have to have adequate insurance to come and do it.

Think about that for a minute. Young thrill seekers, subsidised to kill and injure themselves, by the ultimate organising authority skimming on the insurance requirements.

Edited by Chinahand

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If the TT was made entirely safe, almost all the people in this thread calling for its end would still be doing so.

No sport is entirely safe. But three deaths by the second day of official racing is impressive for all the wrong reasons. 

I am well aware of them and you really can’t compare to Rossi. Different ball game and circumstances- maybe just all the deaths aren’t worth it for “entertainment “ which is what it is. Maybe it’s had its day and time to change and adapt. Hate how all those “that have passed” will be forgotten next year. Maybe hang something on Fairy Bridge - maybe time to know when something has run it’s course before something apprendible comes which is coming when most of spectators crammed into one place

3 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

I am well aware of them and you really can’t compare to Rossi. Different ball game and circumstances- maybe just all the deaths aren’t worth it for “entertainment “ which is what it is. Maybe it’s had its day and time to change and adapt. Hate how all those “that have passed” will be forgotten next year. Maybe hang something on Fairy Bridge - maybe time to know when something has run it’s course before something apprendible comes which is coming when most of spectators crammed into one place

You may forget them but true racing enthusiasts never forget them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Max Power said:

i still remember friends and other ARA members from a few decades ago that died on the course and i can say with 100% confidence none of them would want the TT to end because they died taking part in it.

• Thanks 2

The TT doesn't need to end. It just needs to recognise that the equipment being used (the bikes) has far outstripped what the course was originally designed and intended for.

Unfortunately the money involved won't now allow that to happen.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Unfortunately the Island has a terrible throw away attitude to death - desensitised in part due to the acceptance of Road Racing.

Ask 100 people split it 50 / 50 locals and visitors to immediately name the guy killed at Ballagarey last week and I’d suggest the majority wouldn’t know.

Seems the riders are a disposable but essential commodity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

It might be entertainment for the spectators, but it's also what the riders want to be doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1