Airport.

Billy kettlefish

• 2 weeks later...

Stu Peters

Several points that I would like you to respond to re the 'NED appointments' to the IOM Airport Board. The appointments being Lorna Jack (Chair of HIAL), Chris Holliday (NED HIAL) & John McGlynn ('entrepreneur').

You will recall that on Oct 25 2023 you wrote 'There were six interviewed I believe, all of whom were highly qualified. So much so that we selected three rather than two. To be clear, Gary Cobb had no part in the interviews or selection.'

Interesting to read your claim that Gary Cobb had 'no part in the interviews or selection'. At the last HIAL board meeting that Gary Cobb, Lorna Jack & Chris Holliday attended on 30 June 2022, Lorna Jack (Chair)  wished all the best for the future as he was leaving HIAL.

You also wrote on Nov 30 2023 'Three hugely impressive NEDs with significant relevant expertise appointed at a cost of maybe just £10k per year total'

A proposed 12 meetings a year @£300 a meeting, amounts to £10,800. However, given the fact that none of these NEDs live on the Island (two in Scotland, the other in Leeds), there are clearly additional travel costs etc etc. Am I correct?

Then this comment March 6 2024

'We have some HIAL (or ex-HIAL) people on the shadow board, who understand better than most about running small local/regional airports'

You clearly have not read the latest ridiculous HIAL airport charges being implemented. HIAL have obviously no understanding whatsoever of running a successful airport. Here's a link for your information:

https://www.hial.co.uk/hial-group/general-aviation-4/1

The same fees also apply to Barra (a beach)!

https://www.hial.co.uk/downloads/file/803/barra-airport-general-aviation-charges-effective-1-april-2024 

Farcical!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dreamon said:

Stu Peters

Several points that I would like you to respond to re the 'NED appointments' to the IOM Airport Board. The appointments being Lorna Jack (Chair of HIAL), Chris Holliday (NED HIAL) & John McGlynn ('entrepreneur').

You will recall that on Oct 25 2023 you wrote 'There were six interviewed I believe, all of whom were highly qualified. So much so that we selected three rather than two. To be clear, Gary Cobb had no part in the interviews or selection.'

Interesting to read your claim that Gary Cobb had 'no part in the interviews or selection'. At the last HIAL board meeting that Gary Cobb, Lorna Jack & Chris Holliday attended on 30 June 2022, Lorna Jack (Chair)  wished all the best for the future as he was leaving HIAL.

You also wrote on Nov 30 2023 'Three hugely impressive NEDs with significant relevant expertise appointed at a cost of maybe just £10k per year total'

A proposed 12 meetings a year @£300 a meeting, amounts to £10,800. However, given the fact that none of these NEDs live on the Island (two in Scotland, the other in Leeds), there are clearly additional travel costs etc etc. Am I correct?

'We have some HIAL (or ex-HIAL) people on the shadow board, who understand better than most about running small local/regional airports'

You clearly have not read the latest ridiculous HIAL airport charges being implemented. HIAL have obviously no understanding whatsoever of running a successful airport. Here's a link for your information:

https://www.hial.co.uk/downloads/file/803/barra-airport-general-aviation-charges-effective-1-april-2024 

Farcical!

Why don’t you message stu direct and ask him?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dreamon said:

Stu Peters

Farcical!

You realise, of course, that published charges likely have little resemblance to the actual fees paid for the services / routes that an Airport wants.  Exactly the same at IoM Airport - often used as one of the few levers / incentives / disincentives to support the 'desired' route network and frequency etc.

I suspect for HIAL as well, they will seek to run the Airports as a commercial operation - with operating subsidy coming through other mechanism (subvention / underwriting from Transport Scotland).  Separation of operation and policy makes sense (sometimes!).

Bonzo posted on Iom news & politics that easyJet have suspended flights to Tel Aviv and wanted to know if Iom would be impacted 😂 as far as I know there’s be no drone or missile attacks impacted our airspace!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bonzo posted on Iom news & politics that easyJet have suspended flights to Tel Aviv and wanted to know if Iom would be impacted 😂 as far as I know there’s be no drone or missile attacks impacted our airspace!!!

Plagiarism isn’t cool!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Neither is being a facetious humourless git but you manage it all the time!

Its one up from being a facetious humourless git who is wrong about everything, which you manage to be.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Its one up from being a facetious humourless git who is wrong about everything, which you manage to be.

In your opinion, you seem to take pleasure in correcting everyone who has a different opinion to you which is most! NO wonder you’re not well regarded in legal or business circles.

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

In your opinion, you seem to take pleasure in correcting everyone who has a different opinion to you which is most! NO wonder you’re not well regarded in legal or business circles.

Rubbish. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It’ll still take them hours to clean up the mess because of some div in a little shitty plane who can’t fly properly.

I don’t think flying was the issue here. It was a problem landing 

Edited by kevster
  • Haha 1