Airport.

Billy kettlefish

6 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes agreed that’s an example of great customer service . 

Not really the type of reaction we've seen from Easyjet in the past either. Which makes it more impressive 😂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lfc84 said:

Info from a passenger to say:

Loganair will operate tomorrow MAN-BHX-IOM.

I think they'll probably going to cancel IOM-BHX

The last flight I took from Birmingham to here back in January had 7 people on it.

I just think fares are a huge issue on that route.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

Birmingham LM637 06:50 Cancelled

I think they have merged it with MAN, and are going to operate IOM-MAN-BHX-IOM so everyone should get to their destination albeit many rather late. There'll be a knock on to LHR which is already showing an almost two hour delay.

Loganair seem incapable of operating their weekend schedules, for whatever reason. It doesn't auger well for the TT period.

It's a good job we have easyJet doing all the heavy lifting, and with very few cancellations over the last six months. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I think they have merged it with MAN, and are going to operate IOM-MAN-BHX-IOM so everyone should get to their destination albeit many rather late. There'll be a knock on to LHR which is already showing an almost two hour delay.

Loganair seem incapable of operating their weekend schedules, for whatever reason. It doesn't auger well for the TT period.

It's a good job we have easyJet doing all the heavy lifting, and with very few cancellations over the last six months. 😉

It's not a good indication of load factors if they are able to merge the MAN/BHX flights like that.

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

It's not a good indication of load factors if they are able to merge the MAN/BHX flights like that.

Posted (edited)

I would not be against aircraft doing a multi hop airport service, if there is a good chance the time table can be adhered. You are just in affect jumping a bus which rarely if ever go direct always via, not sure if the standing at the side of the runway with hand out will catch on any time soon. Especially when you realise that's not the plane you want and turn away pretending you were waving at a friend across the way. Also have to make sure luggage is stowed in correct sequence, in fact it ain't going to work at all. You will find me in a corner keeping quite.  🤐 

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I would not be against aircraft doing a multi hop airport service, if there is a good chance the time table can be adhered. You are just in affect jumping a bus which rarely if ever go direct always via, not sure if the standing at the side of the runway with hand out will catch on any time soon. Especially when you realise that's not the plane you want and turn away pretending you were waving at a friend across the way. Also have to make sure luggage is stowed in correct sequence, in fact it ain't going to work at all. You will find me in a corner keeping quite.  🤐 

You talked yourself in to and out of that one! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

For now. But with unsustainable load factors...

If I'm not mistaken a number of the old Manx Airlines schedules started life as a two hop service. It's not ideal, I'll grant you but at least they're making the effort.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

If I'm not mistaken a number of the old Manx Airlines schedules started life as a two hop service. It's not ideal, I'll grant you but at least they're making the effort.

Out of interest - to the uneducated here - is there any APD impact to a passenger on a two-hop service?

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Out of interest - to the uneducated here - is there any APD impact to a passenger on a two-hop service?

Good question, I don't have the answer but I would have thought that if you don't get off at the first arrival point then you haven't finished your journey and only need to pay the APD to the final destination. No doubt someone will be along shortly to advise us.

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I just think fares are a huge issue on that route.

I looked into flying to Brum a few weeks ago.  The fares were farcically extortionate.  It's as if they don't want anyone to use the service which might be their masterplan.

The Island continues to be served by a piss-poor operation that is taking our captive market for a not very frequent and unreliable ride.

• Like 2