Ayre & Michael

Debate on ManxRadio tonight. Either there's a Dalek standing or someone has an old GSM phone in their pocket. 

Tim Baker wants a ministry for housing. 

Complaints about speeding prison officers. 

Gripping stuff all around.

15 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Debate on ManxRadio tonight. Either there's a Dalek standing or someone has an old GSM phone in their pocket. 

Tim Baker wants a ministry for housing. 

Complaints about speeding prison officers. 

Gripping stuff all around.

I haven’t heard that sort of awful noise for years.  Took me right back it did.

Then there was a load of interference from someone’s old school phone as well.

• Haha 1

Good evening Ayre and Michael (and the rest of the Island)
I haven’t posted anything for a while as I have been wary of causing election fatigue. Now less than three weeks away from the big day I am going to start posting some of my ideas and my reasoning behind them.
Before that though, for this evening I am discussing manifestos.
There are 65 candidates across the island. That is potentially going to lead to the production of over 10,000 leaflets, pamphlets and booklets. Almost all of these are going to end up in the bin or at best in the recycling (what Green agenda?).
I have decided I am not going to follow that route and instead my manifesto is going to be printed in the next two weeks editions of the Isle of Man Courier, which is delivered anyway to every household. Please take a look even if you usually just put that straight in the bin.
I am also going forward copies to all the digital outlets on Monday. Email me duncan-livingstone@outlook.com if you'd like me to email it to you directly

You won't see any posters or banners - I'm not going to deface our beautiful countryside with my ugly mug!
Not sure if this idea is brave or foolish but the decision is made. Please feel free to share far and wide. Remember to vote!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't go to the meeting in Andreas school to listen to the candidates, but those that wish to vote in my house did. Interestingly, Duncan Livingstone was, according to the reports I heard, the only candidate to speak about the cost and size of Government. Presumably the other candidates are either happy to join the throng or don't see it as an issue.  

1 hour ago, joebean said:

I didn't go to the meeting in Andreas school to listen to the candidates, but those that wish to vote in my house did. Interestingly, Duncan Livingstone was, according to the reports I heard, the only candidate to speak about the cost and size of Government. Presumably the other candidates are either happy to join the throng or don't see it as an issue.  

There's always a lot of talk about the cost of Govt, but who is actually going to tackle it? No one has the cajones to do anything about it because (a) it means an awful lot of reorganisation which would be hard work and no doubt farmed out to consultants (b) even if you managed to get as far as (a) no one would want to take on the unions. 

The gargantuan monster that is IOMG has to be redirected/refocused towards implementing the recommendations of the Curran Report with climate response it's no 1 priority

A sizeable proportion of it's humungous workforce should - where possible - be migrated into subsidised 'green' enterprises

12 hours ago, Duncan Livingstone for Ayr said:

Before that though, for this evening I am discussing manifestos.
There are 65 candidates across the island. That is potentially going to lead to the production of over 10,000 leaflets, pamphlets and booklets. Almost all of these are going to end up in the bin or at best in the recycling (what Green agenda?).
I have decided I am not going to follow that route and instead my manifesto is going to be printed in the next two weeks editions of the Isle of Man Courier, which is delivered anyway to every household. Please take a look even if you usually just put that straight in the bin.
I am also going forward copies to all the digital outlets on Monday. Email me duncan-livingstone@outlook.com if you'd like me to email it to you directly

A few points:

Not everyone gets the Courier (especially I would think in a rural constituency like A&M) and in a lot of households that do receive it, it either gets put straight in the bin or put to one side to read later (which never happens).  Most people who do look at it skim through the paper and may miss a particular item. 

A manifesto delivered with the post is likely to get more attention and all candidates get one free delivery that doesn't count against election expenses.  However advertising in the Courier will do, so you need to careful.  Especially of course because 11/12ths of your spending is being wasted by being delivered to people who can't vote for you.

Send an electronic copy of your manifest to the Elections Team at the Cabinet Office and they will put it up on the Candidate Manifestos section of their website as well as the media websites.

• Like 2