Ayre & Michael

On 6/3/2021 at 10:27 AM, Ham_N_Eggs said:

But it's okay any day soon he's due to stand on a rock on Kirk Michael beach and look wistfully out to sea whilst eulogising about how he will single-handedly stave off coastal erosion. A promise that he magically forgets everytime he's elected.

No standing on a rock just yet, in fact barely a mention of what he has done for his constituents (hint not much), but Cannan has declared: https://twitter.com/alfredcannan 

• Like 3

Puzzles me that with the US global corporation tax proposals, the Treasury Minister isn't proposing to including a sizeable chunk of borrowing requirement in his £400m debt proposals for any necessary refocusing of the island's economic direction

Holding this line in Tynwald this month will surely limit the ability of the next administration to manoeuvre - or is that the intention?

The man who holds the purse strings | News |

On 6/5/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ham_N_Eggs said:

No standing on a rock just yet, in fact barely a mention of what he has done for his constituents (hint not much), but Cannan has declared: https://twitter.com/alfredcannan 

Alf is a nice bloke in fairness, will promise you all sorts, Mr nice guy, however he is totally sucked into the IOM Governments Ministerial black hole system and as such he is a total fucking disaster as a constituency MHK. 

You vote him back and you can expect exactly the same for the next 5 years.... Think hard peeps.

iIronically Baker is the same, but I am not sure if he is standing at all?  If the truth knows neither is he, to busy cycling and bible bashing.

Vote wisely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I won't vote for him whatever his manifesto says. His track record trumps any made up nonsense.

He may be sincere but in my opinion, out of touch with reality and with no power to alter anything.

Sincerely useless. I think that is what you must mean.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, SleepyJoe said:

Puzzles me that with the US global corporation tax proposals, the Treasury Minister isn't proposing to including a sizeable chunk of borrowing requirement in his £400m debt proposals for any necessary refocusing of the island's economic direction

Holding this line in Tynwald this month will surely limit the ability of the next administration to manoeuvre - or is that the intention?

The man who holds the purse strings | News |

There are very few large corporations here that will be impacted by this. It’s a non issue for the Island

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, pongo said:

Sulby, Ballaugh and Kirk Michael don't especially have any special problems. Nowhere on the IOM does. Mostly things are fairly good.

Individual people living on the island might have special problems. And certain groups. But that's most typically about economics. It's daft having geographical constituencies. Area based representation is silly today.  

Errrm have you seen the North West Area Plan? Things are 'not' fairly good, these existing and prospective candidates are deaf to the issues facing their constituents, they have no opinion to tell us about the issues facing the possible major expansion of these small communities.  

They at present are not fit for purpose as they are totally embroiled in the Ministerial black hole and forgotten us mere mortals. Baker and Cannan are not here for us at all, so our votes in my house go to anyone, yes anyone who opposes them.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...