Douglas East

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Josem for Douglas East announced this morning. 

Constituency hopping. Interesting. Although he lives in East, as do I. 

• Like 2

Josem career history has him as unemployed..unemployable maybe, seems to have had average of one job a year, is he standing for lib van or the tax something or other group he set up.  The bloke is a muppet.    Lots of look at me helping the community photo opportunities this year as part of his job interview for gaining employment. 

• Like 2

There is something intensely unlikable about Josem, his approach seems to ring very false. I can’t quite put my finger on why I dislike him, but I certainly won’t be voting for him. Nothing to do with his ‘non Manxness’ either, Tynwald needs more stopovers if anything. Just not him!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Josem is a right wing libiterian free marketeer who uses a false flag strategy to pretend to be a UK style LibDem, photos with him & Farage, very pro-Brexit & trumpian, and proclaimed that benefits should not be sufficient to live on. On climate change he said "Over the last decade, these intellectual-yet-idiots said “climate change is the greatest threat to global health” & that" scientism has betrayed the trust of the public"

Its easy to dismiss him as a caricature but to do so repeats the same mistakes that surrounded the rise of populist politicians. 

He is clearly a divisive figure. Divisive politicians rarely benefit the wider community & often lead to civic strife

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Is there? Please post it.

1 hour ago, momo65 said:

Was on FB somewhere 

He (Josem) ran a  Brexit campaign on/from the IOM. It was called IOM Vote Leave.

He, and LibVan founder PK, had an unsavoury relationship with UKIP. Remember PK nominated UKIP member ( and UKIP councillor from the UK ) Dick Horsnell to Legislative Council. Dick Horsnell was the main policy adviser PK used when setting up LibVan.

Theres a symbiosis between the type of ( wishy washy) nationalism espoused by LibVan and the far right. Suspect it’s moths to a flame. But make no doubt LibVan isn’t Liberal, and Josem is Libertarian and thus far to the right.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, momo65 said:

Josem is a right wing libiterian free marketeer who uses a false flag strategy to pretend to be a UK style LibDem, photos with him & Farage, very pro-Brexit & trumpian, and proclaimed that benefits should not be sufficient to live on. On climate change he said "Over the last decade, these intellectual-yet-idiots said “climate change is the greatest threat to global health” & that" scientism has betrayed the trust of the public"

Its easy to dismiss him as a caricature but to do so repeats the same mistakes that surrounded the rise of populist politicians. 

He is clearly a divisive figure. Divisive politicians rarely benefit the wider community & often lead to civic strife

I have had very little interaction with him, but was advised by a few that he was highly intelligent, "Liberal" in some ways and that he might be a valuable ally. 

The first interaction with him, I found him to be massively rude, condescending and off putting, which put my back up. I then took issue with skewed data and graphs.

I have also realised that i put many people off with my mannerisms, tone and language... So I can forgive that. Some people are just blunt, or a bit off in character. 

Ive since spoken to him a few times, where I have found him more palatable. As a back bencher, he might be able to do some good. I'll be watching a bit more carefully in future. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:23 AM, SleepyJoe said:

A further 20 minutes of Joney Faragher - Manx Radio General Election Podcast

https://mmo.aiircdn.com/61/60a7931a33456.mp3

jfpodcastinterview.jpg

I have listened to this for the first time after hearing the Post St Mary one (Heywood). Even taking into account their different relative positions and experiences the types of questions asked seem to be intended to focus on very different issues and aspects of what they are standing for.

I think between the two I would be more inclined to vote for Ms Faragher if I had a choice between the two. More focussed on national issues. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He lives on South Quay which is south Douglas isn’t it? You can’t get much more South than Hillary Wharf without getting wet. 

No. It’s Douglas Central, nowadays.

D871E2D4-C52E-4A7F-9894-3693A7D7BD53.jpeg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Is Hilary House in Central on other side of the Quay

Hilary Wharf is on South Quay, South Quay is in Douglas Central. Think Hilary Wharf is built where the original Ian Sims Auto Electrical and Dive Centre was.

Hilary House is on the Junction of Finch Road and Prospect Hill, opposite the wedding cake, next to St Andrew’s House and Victory House, in front of South Douglas Old Friends.

At least it used to be.

831A8D23-5253-4779-A9DA-ACE3E5DDC5E2.png

D21AD3AB-120B-4141-92A3-71F1D9B0733A.png

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Hilary Wharf is on South Quay, South Quay is in Douglas Central. Think Hilary Wharf is built where the original Ian Sims Auto Electrical and Dive Centre was.

Hilary House is on the Junction of Finch Road and Prospect Hill, opposite the wedding cake, next to St Andrew’s House and Victory House, in front of South Douglas Old Friends.

At least it used to be.

831A8D23-5253-4779-A9DA-ACE3E5DDC5E2.png

D21AD3AB-120B-4141-92A3-71F1D9B0733A.png

So Hilary Wharf is in Douglas Central so why is he standing in East? Does he want to represent his community or is he just looking for a way in anywhere, more career politicians is what no one needs. 

Edited by buncha wankas