Douglas South

6 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

Christian has challenged COMIN and asked more probing questions than anyone else in the last year Imho.

I listen regularly and that is not the view I have of her. Has a she got a probing question down for next week.? (1 about business support) 

Besides, Julie Edge and Daphne are far more challenging than anyone else in there. Hooper used to be but has eased off a bit this past year.

Edited by Apple
Questions paper info added.

34 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Speak to people in Douglas South especially business owners. She is well regarded and has done quite a lot given that she only ever had a term of 12 months to make a name for herself when people like Ann Corlett have had 5 years to achieve absolutely zip in other Douglas constituencies.

Didn’t she get shafted by the coop

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Apple said:

The hen coop ? Is there one in Tynwald now? Surely some mistake.

Well it's certainly where you would go if you wanted to find headless chickens, so maybe not.

Up to end June Christian has asked 27 questions by my reckoning, Quine less only about 17.  Given they've only been there nine months it's respectable enough and much better than sluggards such as Corlett, Perkins or Peake.  But not really up there with more assiduous operators such as Thomas, Edge or  Hooper.  Or even Moorhouse.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well it's certainly where you would go if you wanted to find headless chickens, so maybe not.

Up to end June Christian has asked 27 questions by my reckoning, Quine less only about 17.  Given they've only been there nine months it's respectable enough and much better than sluggards such as Corlett, Perkins or Peake.  But not really up there with more assiduous operators such as Thomas, Edge or  Hooper.  Or even Moorhouse.  

There is of course the qualitative and quantative balance - one suspects that Moorhouse could ask 10,000 questions and yet still fail to identify anything of value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Apple said:

I listen regularly and that is not the view I have of her. Has a she got a probing question down for next week.? (1 about business support) 

Besides, Julie Edge and Daphne are far more challenging than anyone else in there. Hooper used to be but has eased off a bit this past year.

Hopper is the Member for the Cabinet Office. Which was a useful way to silence him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

There is of course the qualitative and quantative balance - one suspects that Moorhouse could ask 10,000 questions and yet still fail to identify anything of value.

quality over quantity

very true

On 7/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, Uhtred said:

He does sometimes produce useful ones, though he's usually useless at following them up.  It's partly because he's taken on the Peter Karran role of The Man Who Will Ask Any Question About Anything and sometimes people feed him sensible ones that no one else will bring up.

But there's also the monkeys-with-typewriters-and-Shakespeare effect.  When you ask that many questions....

• Like 2