Douglas South

On 8/14/2021 at 8:50 PM, ian rush said:

Had Paul Quine round today. No ideas of his own. Will be voting for Maltby and Christian. Don't know enough about Higgins but seems to be dog whistling about the salary thing so he can fuck off.

Not that it’s a unique situation, but Douglas South isn’t blessed with the greatest choice of candidates is it?

Spoken to both Quine and Higgins. Quine spouting the same old nonsense. Managed to speak to Higgins when he was delivering his letters, he actually had some very good policies and clearly knows what he’s talking about. I was actually quite impressed. Dealt with a bit of a grilling from me much better than Quine did. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, Uhtred said:

Not that it’s a unique situation, but Douglas South isn’t blessed with the greatest choice of candidates is it?

From what I can see from your various comments, there is no candidate that could stand that you would like or support. You just like being critical. It’s a bit boring. 

11 hours ago, Apple said:

What, like the Promenade...?

I don't understand this response to my question asking what are the steps to remove an MHK for gross misconduct. 

Unless you mean push him down some steps to Promenade.

There's already a process to get rid of MHKs responsible for the Promenade - the matter is currently in the hands of the people of Peel and Ayre. 

The question really was asking what is the process where the MHK gets a criminal record or after an investigation has been found to have bullied or harassed staff or members of the public. 

Edited by Declan

Was driving round saddlestone earlier when I saw the absolute weirdest scene,  a ghostly looking plump lady dressed in loose white pyjamas wearing a face mask looking like a hossie escapee calling on houses with a clipboard though might have been her medical notes, thought it  might have been one of the religious lot but even they don't look that weird. Any ideas what I saw?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I’ve voted. Returned my postal ballot. Die is cast.

In the end I could only countenance purling one out of two of my votes.

Theres only one quality candidate, three also rans.

I don’t remember a GE with so few quality candidates. Not even a joke candidate here like the last by election.

Ah the great days of 11 candidates in Rushen and STV…

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Well, I’ve voted. Returned my postal ballot. Die is cast.

In the end I could only countenance purling one out of two of my votes.

Theres only one quality candidate, three also rans.

I don’t remember a GE with so few quality candidates. Not even a joke candidate here like the last by election.

Ah the great days of 11 candidates in Rushen and STV…

IMO postal ballots shouldn’t be accepted until a couple of days before the election date.

Lots of manifestos aren’t out yet and not everywhere has had their debates yet.  A lot can be said good or bad in the next two and a bit weeks.

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Another day, another debate 

D1D0278C-9F89-4888-ADE9-DA857975409A.jpeg

All getting a bit stupid really.

Same few people turning up each time, hardly anyone watches them or listens (the studio one ones are getting no hits) then consider the same few people watching every constituency and then every candidate watching every one.

People generally don’t care, most people won’t vote or as shown by John above have already voted before all this nonsense.

Bring back the good old days without social media as far as elections go IMO.

There are more carbon emissions generated by all this rubbish than we will save in a year.  Sam from GEF has done hundreds of miles never mind all the others and all the production for stuff that ultimately only about 100 people island wide care about.  Plus there are so many all the answers are basically carbon copies of the best ones they have heard other people give by now.

• Like 1