Glenfaba & Peel

• 2 weeks later...

who do we want in the west, i cannot make my mind up. thinking of voting for Trevor Cowin. Dont know the guy but think he would go against the grain and deffo would not be just another yes man....... I think his only goal is what is best for our side of the island. 

Edited by bozinko
  • Like 1

I'm definitely thinking about Cowin, it's plain he cares and is willing to speak up. I'm hoping to talk with him before I make up my mind. Haven't had a manifesto off him yet, or anyone else for that matter.

Kate Lord-Brennan is very likely another I'll be voting for and again, I'd like to read her manifesto and talk with her before making up my mind. 

• Like 1

I have age-30-something relatives who have met and spent time with her at social functions and they all think highly of her. I'm looking forward to speaking with her myself. From all I've heard she'll be a great asset to P&G as well as the island as a whole. 

I've gone from thinking anyone will be better to vote for than Boot and Harmer and resigning myself to another five years of Crookall, to being quite excited over the prospect of a few really good candidates. 

• Like 1

I live in  public housing in St Johns. The last time they came knocking on my door Boot basically without saying it said if you vote for me ill make sure you get a new bathroom and kitchen in your house for you. How uneducated does he think we are..... Harmer is a really nice guy and i have nothing against him, but i dont think he lives in the real world. So will not vote for him ..........

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bozinko said:

I live in  public housing in St Johns. The last time they came knocking on my door Boot basically without saying it said if you vote for me ill make sure you get a new bathroom and kitchen in your house for you. How uneducated does he think we are..... Harmer is a really nice guy and i have nothing against him, but i dont think he lives in the real world. So will not vote for him ..........

Boot is little more than a Toryboy who couldn't compete with the Tory bigwigs in Little England, so he came over here to play lord of the manor and flaunt his wealthy connections in front of the Manx peasantry. He thinks were all stupid, as you say. 

Harmer's a nice guy, yes, but totally useless and out of his depth. He needs to go forthwith. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bozinko said:

How's the bathroom and kitchen looking? Did it materialise..? 

Edited by quilp
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bozinko said:

…his only goal is what is best for our side of the island. 

I rather think that actually the evidence suggests that his only goal is to embarrass his former employers. 

10 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I rather think that actually the evidence suggests that his only goal is to embarrass his former employers. 

I'm more inclined to think that he actually does care and any embarrassment caused to his former employers is a bonus. Sort of a two-for-one, if you will. 

I'm looking forward to questioning him when he comes knocking. 

• Like 1

He allegedly worked somewhere in government, not sure where. I've heard that before Uhtred mentioned it but it's so long ago now I don't recall the details. Believe it or not, I'm not really one for retaining skeet. In one ear and out the other usually. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He worked latterly in the DHSS investigating NI and benefits irregularities I believe. He was apparently famous for once being so assertive and belligerent with one Mr A Gubay over employment practices at the Mount Murray that he was allegedly accused of trying to punch him during an on-site meeting. 

He wasn’t allegedly accused. He was accused, charged and went to trial. He was acquitted at the end of the prosecution case on a submission of no case to answer. No defence evidence was presented.

There was no evidence, believed by the Court, that Mr Cowin was belligerent, assertive or attempted to punch Mr Gubay, or did anything to cause him to stumble or fall.

Mr Gubay then complained against the Defence advocate to the Advocates Disciplinary Tribunal on the basis that he hadn’t liked the questions put to him, and that they were inappropriate. He got one of his staff to make a statement portraying a false narrative to the ADT. 

During the Willers v Gubay litigation that employee, 20 years after the event, admitted in evidence to the court, that the position portrayed by him to the ADT had been untrue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1