Rushen

38 minutes ago, Declan said:

And the tone of that message probably gives a clue to why he wasn’t elected. 

Hit the nail on the head there. Some people like a bully if they think the bully is on 'their' side - thankfully not enough to get him elected. The tone is that of a spoilt child having a tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Nothing like as dramatic as John Orme doing a runner from the count, and not waiting with the rest of the candidates for the declaration, when it became apparent in 1986 that he hadn’t been re-elected.

He did a Boot? :) 

14 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Rushen has had lucky escape. 

Not too sure about that. 

Ok with JW but it came across that all the good doctor is interested in is the...good doctor. Hasn't really done anything via the local roles she had. TBH, I expect more of the same. JW will be able to direct help and support her though. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m sure lots of voters feel cheated my Watterson again. Voted for an MHK to represent them. Ended up with a bewigged largely ceremonial arse once more.

Why? It was obvious he was going for Speaker again. This is what we voted for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StrangeBrew said:

Er… he made it very clear he wanted the role of speaker again, ideally. He was quite open about it. 

He wasn’t open about it on my doorstep. We actually discussed the subject too, he had plenty of opportunity to say if that was his intention. Feck, I even said he was too bright and too experienced not to be a minister in the next government. Your goodself and Declan had a different sales pitch from JW than the one he gave me.