Rushen

All discussions relating to this constituency go in this thread please. 

Sitting members:
Laurence Skelly MHK
Juan Watterson MHK

Number of seats: 2

Declared candidates:
Michelle Haywood
Andrew Langan-Newton
Juan Watterson MHK
Mark Kemp

Two Minutes Summary Videos from ManxRadio:

• 3 weeks later...

Overall a bit of a 'soft' interview  No questions or mention of Manxonia (and how much the ratepayers lost out on that bit of fun)  or the high street traffic problems. Didn't they do a consultation on that recently? 

Sounds resigned to losing the post office. Wonder if space can be found in the newly refurbished town hall ? 

Nothing either about Port Erin (apart from a reference to shared services) or even general public policies. 

Sounds to me like not able to hit the ground running. 

Edited by Apple
after listening to other interviews.

4 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Strange concentration on management abilities & leadership styles - is that what we look for in an MHK?

Not really for me.

States her biggest mistake was about cutting the grass iirc. I think not. 

• Like 1

When is Gawnio going to declare. I see his is using his position at the station to load Manx Radio with Gawnism.

If I could I would vote for Gawne IF, big if, he could show he has actually benefitted from his spell outside the big house and is now able to show a reconnection with the real world, not one he wants to exists in.

32 minutes ago, Apple said:

If I could I would vote for Gawne IF, big if, he could show he has actually benefitted from his spell outside the big house and is now able to show a reconnection with the real world, not one he wants to exists in.

Except that real world politics is all about identifying, and working towards, the world you want to exist in, from the world we we live in now.

You know, Apple, in your terms, from the crap NHS to a much better NHS.

Unless, of course, you’re really a Bufton-Tufton, ex military type, on a huge military pension, Telegraph reading, Conservative who doesn’t believe in free at point of delivery health care ( including mental health ) for all.

What you’re espousing in that post is a bit “I’m alright Jack” or “let them eat cake”, and I think I know you well enough to know you aren’t like that.

• Confused 1