Ettyl

gossip1

4 minutes ago, gossip1 said:

Really? I don't see it as this is a different story.

It’s the same story. MR being days late. Ettyl contacted the Admin and moderating team on Saturday after posts on the Flybe thread about the financing falling through. Needless to say there was nothing untoward, although a promised press release, which seemed improbable, hasn’t landed/materialised.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Old Git said:

The comment at the bottom made me laugh. 

BCD8B1E9-F758-44A3-AAD5-DFA397975494.jpeg

So, you’ve got finance lined up. Maybe 2 or 3 sources. You think something odd is going on. You report to Financial Crimes. Then you do a press release. How is that not tipping off?

Edited by Kipper99

2 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

So, you’ve got finance lined up. Maybe 2 or 3 sources. You think something odd is going on. You report to Financial Crimes. Then you do a press release. How is that not tipping off?

I thought just this. Then I re-read the article and actually thought maybe the journo enquired about the specifics and had to comment? Doesn't look like a full on statement. Seems weird.

Jason sent a draft of his press release, in exactly those terms, to the moderators/admin on 29/5. See 5 or 6 posts up.

Not sure why. Obviously don’t know what the problem is with his funders or documents but that smells, sounds, looks, like tipping off to me. If it’s a duck, etc.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Jason sent a draft of his press release, in exactly those terms, to the moderators/admin on 29/5. See 5 or 6 posts up.

Not sure why. Obviously don’t know what the problem is with his funders or documents but that smells, sounds, looks, like tipping off to me. If it’s a duck, etc.

Surely they would have had lawyers for the transaction with whom they would have cleared the press release? 

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Surely they would have had lawyers for the transaction with whom they would have cleared the press release? 

We do and they did. It wasn't a PR, but issued in response to questions from a journalist at the Telegraph. Even if we didn't comment, the article would likely have still run, but it was important to note that *we* have reported an issue.

I reached out to John out of respect to his profession expecting that confidential respect to be reciprocated and to avoid speculative ramblings.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jaymann said:

We do and they did. It wasn't a PR, but issued in response to questions from a journalist at the Telegraph. Even if we didn't comment, the article would likely have still run, but it was important to note that *we* have reported an issue.

I reached out to John out of respect to his profession expecting that confidential respect to be reciprocated and to avoid speculative ramblings.

More bull sh*t no doubt.

Who is *we* ? 

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

MannBenham act as legal council for Ettyl's Stobart Air acquisition - Manx Radio 27/4/2021

The words complex are mentioned. I would also imagine that funding would have been in place otherwise Advocates/Soilicitors wouldn’t have wasted their time. I would also imagine that legal work involving mergers or acquisitions, wouldn’t be done cheaply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Advocates/Soilicitors wouldn’t have wasted their time. I would also imagine that legal work involving mergers or acquisitions, wouldn’t be done cheaply.

My experience is they will entertain you as long as they know their bill will be paid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2