Brexit Penny Dropping?

ManxTaxPayer

8 hours ago, The Phantom said:

My post was more to do with VOR claiming that there was 'no mayhem and carnage in SA post apartheid', when in reality it is teetering upon becoming a failed state. 

Except I did not claim that. Far from it.

I said “ Fortunately the very worst predictions of mayhem and carnage turned out not to be the case”

I was referring to the almost universal predictions of a post apartheid bloody civil war, not the consequences of economic mismanagement.

Little bit off topic but it is curious how within ten minutes of meeting a (white) South African they will bring up the subject of how unsafe the place is and how you have to run red lights and live in gated communities etc .

I am not saying that’s untrue, but it’s in the same way an Australian upon meeting you for the first time will soon tell you about the big venemous creepy crawlies they have which will either poison you or climb up the toilet bowl to bite your buttocks.

I would like to say that is stereotyping but it happens almost without exception.

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I am not saying that’s untrue, but it’s in the same way an Australian upon meeting you for the first time will soon tell you about the big venemous creepy crawlies they have which will either poison you or climb up the toilet bowl to bite your buttocks

Most Australians I have met have said completely the opposite. The one animal that they complain about are the magpies.

Maybe they just don't want you visiting their country? 

• Haha 1