Liverpool Bombing!

Max Power

The vehicle had not even come to a standstill before the bomb detonated. So much chatter around, he couldn't get near remembrance, it was a timer,  the cabbie locked your man in so it will be interesting to hear the proper version of events. It would seem strange on the face of it that if the cabbie had locked the bomber in for having a bomb, why drive to the front of the building in the first place, why not ditch it somewhere less populated. 

A fucking big near miss regardless of the build up.

• Thanks 1

Wholly depends on the type of device/devices and the complexity of the build.

Vest/rucksack combo with a deadman’s switch would be a bit difficult to sit down in without arousing suspicion. Also if it was just a vest loaded with shipyard confetti, that’s going to be a heavy bit of kit, again causing suspicion.

Edited by immortalpuppet

I realize speculation isn't helpful ... But this is a strange one. 

Was it an attack on the hospital?  The only similar occurrences are US fundamentalists attacking abortion clinics or IS spectacular atrocities. 

Could it be connected with the Troubles spilling into Liverpool's communities?

Or Islamism?

It'll be interesting when they announce the names of those held and how it moves the probabilities - Murphy will move it one way, Khan another and if it is Smith or Brown other options will be just as possible ... And all these are terribly gross measures of understanding. There is still a lot to know in this case.

It's an odd one. 

It’s definitely a strange one, why Liverpool and why outside the hospital? Early reports suggest the passenger wanted to attend the near by remembrance service but the road was closed, the taxi driver was suspicious, locked the passenger in and drove towards the hospital. Perhaps he was expecting to be mugged or maybe he thought he had a mental patient on board and was trying to safeguard himself? Especially if the passenger was acting shifty, but I’m sure more will come out in the wash.

As terror attacks go to denote on Remembrance Sunday at a memorial service would be very much a declaration of war, I can’t think of anything more disrespectful and it would have been scenes of absolute horror to murder those who are paying their respects to those we’ve already lost through wars. Thankfully this time round the ‘terrorist’ only wiped himself out, but unfortunately there will be another brainwashed looney tune watching and waiting for another opportunity.

There was an interview last night with a couple who took this guy in went on to say he was a Syrian refugee and had converted to Christianity. They also mentioned that he liked to bake cakes, I turned on the news this morning and the first thing the guy said was how this bloke liked to bake cakes. I just found it odd how that is something that might make the news.

24 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

There was an interview last night with a couple who took this guy in went on to say he was a Syrian refugee and had converted to Christianity. They also mentioned that he liked to bake cakes, I turned on the news this morning and the first thing the guy said was how this bloke liked to bake cakes. I just found it odd how that is something that might make the news.

They’ve no real facts, it’s a slow news day, they’ve time to fill, they feel they have to broadcast something, him baking cakes is something…ergo.

15 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'm not an explosives expert, but shouldn't the detonation and fire have caused the 'suicide belt' to have exploded?

Not necessarily.  Some explosives if not detonated properly (electrical charge or explosion) can just burn, which is what looks like happened. 

You can actually use small amounts of C4 for instance in a military hexaburner to cook with, it's almost just like a firelighter cube.

54 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Anarchist's cookbook? 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

It looks like, the taxi may have got stuck in traffic and it didn’t reach the destination in time.

I'm not sure about this explanation. Why would you create a difficult timer mechanism which doesn't allow for any deviation rather than just a button?