Firm closing

finlo

35 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Weird response, the money in Odin is not Rob Storey

Errrrr why? His record with ‘money men’ isn’t the best. 
nice fella Rob. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Pity you didn't know, you could maybe have stopped playing backseat driver and actually run a hospitality business, since you seem to know so much about doing it successfully. 

Been there and done it you loon.

It didn’t fail but we sold it to invest more time in another venture.

Twenty years later I can look back and see how I would have done things differently if I had known more about how to run a business back then.

I personally think that entitles me a bit of an opinion?

Well run places will continue to grow; and badly run ones will fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Been there and done it you loon.

It didn’t fail but we sold it to invest more time in another venture.

Twenty years later I can look back and see how I would have done things differently if I had known more about how to run a business back then.

I personally think that entitles me a bit of an opinion?

Well run places will continue to grow; and badly run ones will fail.

So you haven’t been in the industry for 20 years but are perfectly placed to comment? 

Like many industries, hospitality is vastly different from 20 years ago. 

I don’t believe you had a hospitality business 20 years ago. Regardles, what is evident is that you have zero idea about the realities of running one currently. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, jackwhite said:

So you haven’t been in the industry for 20 years but are perfectly placed to comment? 

Like many industries, hospitality is vastly different from 20 years ago. 

I don’t believe you had a hospitality business 20 years ago. Regardles, what is evident is that you have zero idea about the realities of running one currently. 

I can tell you a couple of things that I have picked up from watching since I left the industry; and from family members who are still in it.

Rhe basics of running a business like understanding tax, NI, Vat and basic profit and loss haven’t changed.

The things required to run a hospitality business have.  Customer service is stilll up there, but the food and drink offerings required to be successful have changed a lot.

Many places haven’t recognised that.

Edited by Anthony Ingham
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Question , Is Leonardo’s still open in Castletown. Different stories I’m hearing . Both yes and No . Have tried ringing a few times but no answer 

Their web site indicates that they open at 5.30. Till 9.00 pm tonight

Please let this thread know if that's not correct.👍🏻

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Question , Is Leonardo’s still open in Castletown. Different stories I’m hearing . Both yes and No . Have tried ringing a few times but no answer 

Facebook looks like they were pretty active until the end of January, and nothing since.

Have to say it was pants the last two times we went, both in 2023

59 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Facebook looks like they were pretty active until the end of January, and nothing since.

Have to say it was pants the last two times we went, both in 2023

Yes had checked and seen that too. Have just rang them before , mobile , and voice mail. Left a message but not hopefull. My sister is trying to book as have cousins over and wants to meet there. She’s also rang several times with no answer. If it was just me I’d not bother anymore if they can’t answer phones or have better comms. 

17 minutes ago, emesde said:

Just taken from their website.it says updated 3 days ago so should be reasonably current 

Open ⋅ Closes 9 pm

Updated by this business 3 days ago
More hours

Yes that’s the number both my sister and I have rang. See if they come back to me. It’s Tuesday we want to go so still time