Womens Euro 2022

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Ah... they lost.  Spain won. 

With every bone in my body I am grateful that tonight I shall be in my little quiet abode and not in a car park somewhere in Spain. It with be loud tonight.

It’d be alright with a glass of Rioja and a few bowls of tapas. Doesn’t have to be a car park🙂

Well yes I do need it explaining please.

I prefer Greece to Spain but yes usually the holiday Islands, Corfu, Rhodes , Mykonos etc. I’m not embarrassed about that. They are beautiful.

Probably like most of the Spanish and Greek tourists to the UK confine themselves to London and don’t see the splendors  of the Lake District etc. Nowt wrong with that.

So if you would care to explain, or Rox if you are reading let me know what you meant. Thanks

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well yes I do need it explaining please.

I prefer Greece to Spain but yes usually the holiday Islands, Corfu, Rhodes , Mykonos etc. I’m not embarrassed about that. They are beautiful.

Probably like most of the Spanish and Greek tourists to the UK confine themselves to London and don’t see the splendors  of the Lake District etc. Nowt wrong with that.

So if you would care to explain, or Rox if you are reading let me know what you meant. Thanks

I meant that I’d rather be in my quiet house after a football match instead of in a Spanish car park after a football match that was won by Spain. I’m not sure I can make it any clearer for you than that. 

18 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I meant that I’d rather be in my quiet house after a football match instead of in a Spanish car park after a football match that was won by Spain. I’m not sure I can make it any clearer for you than that. 

Well that’s what I thought you meant until Manxman1980 told me I had missed the point.

I’d rather have been in my house too.

Weird 

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well that’s what I thought you meant until Manxman1980 told me I had missed the point.

I’d rather have been in my house too.

Weird 

@Roxanne means she would prefer not to be surrounded by a lot of Spaniards celebrating a world cup win.

I rather suspect that it's the location of the car park rather than it being a car park is the issue...  swap Spain for Portugal,  France or Italy for instance and it probably isn't such a problem. 

10 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

@Roxanne means she would prefer not to be surrounded by a lot of Spaniards celebrating a world cup win.

I rather suspect that it's the location of the car park rather than it being a car park is the issue...  swap Spain for Portugal,  France or Italy for instance and it probably isn't such a problem. 

I can confirm this 100%. On the night in question, I was parked in a car park in Badajoz and Spain had just won something European. Until 5am I was serenaded to ‘sleep’ by mortar bombs (sounded like) fireworks, perilously close to my sleepIng position, barking dogs, singing men and crying children.   They’re all about life the Spanish and they show their passion at every available opportunity. Me, not so much. It was quite the experience tho… 😃

8 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I can confirm this 100%. On the night in question, I was parked in a car park in Badajoz and Spain had just won something European. Until 5am I was serenaded to ‘sleep’ by mortar bombs (sounded like) fireworks, perilously close to my sleepIng position, barking dogs, singing men and crying children.   They’re all about life the Spanish and they show their passion at every available opportunity. Me, not so much. It was quite the experience tho… 😃

I happened to be in Croatia when they had a good run at the world cup and knocked England out.  Even the ships of the coast were blasting their horns!  Everywhere erupted with fireworks, car horns, people cheering and singing.  It was a fantastic atmosphere but if you were an England fan it was not much fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Well why didn’t you explain that though? 😀

Your original post  on Sunday 3:56 pm came across as a bit cryptic for those of us unaware of your attendance at the said  car park and your experience of the events you now describe.

No matter. Hopefully you won’t have to go through that again 👍