Womens Euro 2022

On 8/30/2023 at 9:30 AM, thommo2010 said:

I didn't watch any of the women's football as quite simply it doesn't interest me but any news I saw during it seemed to revolve around drama, pay disputes, players having affairs with rival team mates and now this. Would give eastenders and coronation Street arun for their money

Not bothered about the international games.  I feel the same about men's international football by the way.

The WSL has actually had some good games and good football.   It is different from the mens game but there are some skillful players and the matches I have seen tend to be pretty open.  Not so much timewasting, not so much diving, not many teams sitting in a low block just trying to get a draw or a lucky win.

I am sure as things progress then we will see the skill levels continue to increase.

Personally, I am happy to support my club in both men's and women's formats.

Although both losing an FA Cup final last season was painful. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Not bothered about the international games.  I feel the same about men's international football by the way.

The WSL has actually had some good games and good football.   It is different from the mens game but there are some skillful players and the matches I have seen tend to be pretty open.  Not so much timewasting, not so much diving, not many teams sitting in a low block just trying to get a draw or a lucky win.

I am sure as things progress then we will see the skill levels continue to increase.

Personally, I am happy to support my club in both men's and women's formats.

Although both losing an FA Cup final last season was painful. 

My team has a womens team and ive tried to watch a few of their games but just can't get into it, when my team loses I am gutted about it but when the womens team loses it's like meh so what. Good luck to them but it's just not for me same way as cricket or tennis isn't for me