Womens Euro 2022

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

On ‘Women's’ Hour’ a couple of weeks ago the interviews with supporters said that they were also were less ‘dramatic’ when injured and that they seemed more focused on the game rather than the time wasting nonsense. A lot of people said that watching the women’s football had rejuvenated their love of football all over again and that it was a far more enjoyable game to watch. 

A few years ago, my granddaughter was involved in an Easter tournament in Manchester. As part of the package, we went to watch England ladies play China at the emptyhad stadium. Some of the Chinese (and English challenges) would make Norman Hunter wince. No histrionics, just got up, dusted themselves down and got on with the game. They should show this to all the precious premier league players…

Edited by Passing Time

58 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

On ‘Women's’ Hour’ a couple of weeks ago the interviews with supporters said that they were also were less ‘dramatic’ when injured and that they seemed more focused on the game rather than the time wasting nonsense. A lot of people said that watching the women’s football had rejuvenated their love of football all over again and that it was a far more enjoyable game to watch. 

Well I’ve certainly been enjoying the matches

Perhaps though wouldn’t go so far as to say I prefer it over the mens game. 

My fear is that as the woman’s game gets more popular it gets infected with all the ills that have crept into the mens game over the decades. Diving, gamesship etc

Anyway good luck to the English girls  ( if I’m allowed to say girls). They have shown themselves to be very skillful and sporting. As have all the teams in the competition.

I will be watching and cheering their progress 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Barca said:

I haven't watched any of the games, however I did see they had a fan zone for this tournament right in the centre of Manchester (Picadilly Gardens) when I was there the other day.  Not a massive size to the fan zone but it seemed pretty popular.

Well I would recommend you do watch the games. It’s opened up a whole new world to me

Not really a football watcher but some of the women’s games I’ve seen over the last few years have made a refreshing change from the men’s games. Far less acting out life threatening injuries and a simple handshake after a goal. None of this stupid robot dances or running to the corner flag and jumping on the goal scorer, which curiously doesn’t seem to do and harm compared to having your shirt tugged. 

• Like 2