Personally, if I had to generalise, then I'd say that I like muslims. That's a ridiculous generalisation of billions of people spanning the globe, but if that's the kind of thing we're doing here, well, I didn't start it. I'm not just thinking about the muslims in the NHS who have saved my family members' lives, but many of the ordinary ones I've met in muslim countries, specifically Pakistan, India, Afghanistan (around 1990), Malaysia,  Indonesia, Dubai, Qatar, and Nigeria, and the ones I've met in the US & UK. Of course I think their religion is nonsense, and yes, there are volatile, dangerous movements within Islam, but on the whole, I like them. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Personally, if I had to generalise, then I'd say that I like muslims. That's a ridiculous generalisation of billions of people spanning the globe, but if that's the kind of thing we're doing here, well, I didn't start it. I'm not just thinking about the muslims in the NHS who have saved my family members' lives, but many of the ordinary ones I've met in muslim countries, specifically Pakistan, India, Afghanistan (around 1990), Malaysia,  Indonesia, Dubai, Qatar, and Nigeria, and the ones I've met in the US & UK. Of course I think their religion is nonsense, and yes, there are volatile, dangerous movements within Islam, but on the whole, I like them. 

There's nothing wrong with the people, just their blind following of the religion which they were brought up with. I'm sure the same can be said about most religions, but the majority do not advocate the death of non followers. There being over a billion Muslims, it's unlikely that there will be any change any time soon, they believe in the benign verses in the Koran whilst making excuses for the rather distasteful ones, which the radicals cling to.  

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There's nothing wrong with the people, just their blind following of the religion which they were brought up with. I'm sure the same can be said about most religions, but the majority do not advocate the death of non followers. There being over a billion Muslims, it's unlikely that there will be any change any time soon, they believe in the benign verses in the Koran whilst making excuses for the rather distasteful ones, which the radicals cling to.  

Edited by The Voice of Reason

• 1 month later...