6 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Your lack of comprehension is amazing...

My lack of comprehension?

From the Cambridge dictionary

“Stroll”

to walk in a slow relaxed way, especially for pleasure:

Take a while to get from Nottinghamshire to London in that fashion.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

I know Dennis Skinner and have dealt with him in business.

Whilst our politics differ, I can tell you he's a very principled man and as 'straight as a die' and in his time as MP for Bolsover, represented his constituents well for just short of 50 years until he lost his red wall seat in 2019. In fairness though, he was well past his best anyway due to his age.

I haven't met 30p but I do know a few that have had dealings with him and they mostly confirm he is a very different MP and personality to Skinner and not in a good way.

A quick glace at their MP expense claims and parliamentary voting records is quite revealing considering they are from the same area and background.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

My lack of comprehension?

From the Cambridge dictionary

“Stroll”

to walk in a slow relaxed way, especially for pleasure:

Take a while to get from Nottinghamshire to London in that fashion.

And yet you somehow came up with the idea that Lee Anderson saw a specific family from his constituency in a fast food joint in Covent Garden after havinh seen them in two others.  Not only did this have to happen once but over a period of months of you believe Lee Andersons version of events.

Is there anything you won't believe or make up to defend this guy?

20 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well maybe he got confused and saw them once in MacDonalds, once  in KFC ( both locally) and them spotted them at a window table of Burger King ( Covent Garden branch) on his way to the Houses of Parliament for PMQ’s

He takes a train from Nottingham (to presumably) King's Cross then strolls via Covent Garden to Westminster in time for PMQ's? I suppose its kind of on the way.

Edited by Declan

41 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

And yet you somehow came up with the idea that Lee Anderson saw a specific family from his constituency in a fast food joint in Covent Garden after havinh seen them in two others.  Not only did this have to happen once but over a period of months of you believe Lee Andersons version of events.

Is there anything you won't believe or make up to defend this guy?

Jeez man. 

It was an attempt at humour. As you say that scenario is implausible.

But it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he saw the family in the local MacDonalds several times in a short space of time. There is one MacDonalds in his constituency which is in a retail park. There is ,for example an Asda next door from which you can see into MacDonalds

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

He takes a train from Nottingham (to presumably) King's Cross then strolls via Covent Garden to Westminster in time for PMQ's? 

Probably train from Mansfield and Alfreton Parkway station early enough to allow time for a trip to Covent Garden , perhaps to buy his wife a birthday present. PMQs start at 12 on a Wednesday I believe. Loads of time!!

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It was an attempt at humour. 

Attempt being the operative word.  Don't take up a career in Comedy.  Unless you want to be a clown.  They aren't funny either.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’ve just spotted them from Peel Road

McDonald's - What are some simple, easy and enjoyable things to do on a  Saturday? | Facebook

They certainly don't look like people who eat three time a week at McDonalds. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Jeez man. 

It was an attempt at humour. As you say that scenario is implausible.

But it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he saw the family in the local MacDonalds several times in a short space of time. There is one MacDonalds in his constituency which is in a retail park. There is ,for example an Asda next door from which you can see into MacDonalds

You think he shops with the hoi polloi in retail parks and Asda. The thought of LA going to MaccyD is as implausible as PA taking his daughters to Pizza Express

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

You think he shops with the hoi polloi in retail parks and Asda. The thought of LA going to MaccyD is as implausible as PA taking his daughters to Pizza Express

I never said he went to MacDonalds. He may or may not do.

But yes the thought of an MP shopping in a supermarket is really not that weird. I’ve seen Chris Thomas at B & Q shopping with the hoi pilloi

Even whinger Prince Harry claims he has shopped in Waitrose, Sainsbury’s etc

26 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And non sweater PrinceAndrew went to Pizza Hut.

It was allegedly Pizza Express...  who do you think John was referring to with the initials "PA"?

26 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I myself have had breakfast in a  London Hotel where UK MP Andrew Mitchell was enjoying the same a couple of tables away

A small difference between a London Hotel and a McDonald's!

Or are you getting confused with the Macdonald Hotels?

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It was allegedly Pizza Express...  who do you think John was referring to with the initials "PA"?

A small difference between a London Hotel and a McDonald's!

Or are you getting confused with the Macdonald Hotels?

Not at all. I can certainly recommend the MacDonald hotel in Chester though.

Anyway back on track,so London hotel  beats Pizza Express which in turn beats MacDonalds in the snob stakes

What is the acceptable level for someone in the public eye to mix with the hoi pollli?