Should Ashie keep his MBE for leadership of the department during the Covid-19 pandemic?

Broadcasterman

Should Ashford’s MBE go?   

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, joebean said:

If David Ashford had anything about him in terms of humility, conscience or public spirit any questions about  his suitability for political roles in the future would not be relevant as he would simply resign from politics now. 

He is not capable of any of this.

You're doing what the majority do. You're judging him by your own standards.

These are not his standards. His only goal is to stay in a position of power. 

Unless he is formally ousted, he will remain.

And he's not going to be formally ousted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. Alf Cannan needs to act robustly to restore confidence and start to repair the damage. I am not hopeful that will happen either. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Ric Railway disagrees....

In fact, he's already started his campaign! His name is up in lights don't you know?!

• Haha 1

The letter shredding said it all to me.

Paul Moulton was talking to some young reporter on his Youtube channel who said regarding the shredded letter he couldn't see what all the fuss was about and neither could other people he knew. And that said it all to me too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The letter shredding said it all to me.

Paul Moulton was talking to some young reporter on his Youtube channel who said regarding the shredded letter he couldn't see what all the fuss was about and neither could other people he knew. And that said it all to me too.

What did it say to you?

Ashford was sent this letter ( there is no evidence to suggest that he wrote it himself)

He asked the author if he could read it out. They said yes but don’t give my name.

To preserve and honour the author’s request  for anonymity he shredded the letter.

imagine the hoo haa if he hadn’t shredded it and it subsequently came to light and the writers name was divulged.

He would, rightly, be accused of failing to protect his source. And there would probably be implications for the author of the letter.

What is all the fuss about?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, joebean said:

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. Alf Cannan needs to act robustly to restore confidence and start to repair the damage. I am not hopeful that will happen either. 

Agreed!

I fear that Alfie's statement on Tuesday will just be yet another fudge.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What did it say to you?

Ashford was sent this letter ( there is no evidence to suggest that he wrote it himself)

He asked the author if he could read it out. They said yes but don’t give my name.

To preserve and honour the author’s request  for anonymity he shredded the letter.

imagine the hoo haa if he hadn’t shredded it and it subsequently came to light and the writers name was divulged.

He would, rightly, be accused of failing to protect his source. And there would probably be implications for the author of the letter.

He shouldn't have read it out at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

If ever there was a time someone needed to call Buffy. 

Perhaps we can somehow lure him to church filled with garlic during daylight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It shouldn't be acceptable for the Government to destroy letters from Government employees to Government ministers under such circumstances. I'm sure there are a lot of Government employees who don't want their written records or correspondence to be revealed to the public, but that's not right or proper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What did it say to you?

There is strong evidence to suggest that. It's going to the COVID review.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asitis said:

The mere fact we as taxpayers continue to pay for Ashford to glory in the title of MHK is an affront !

He should be disqualified from public office forthwith with Hooper trailing not far behind.

Surely the least we can ask for these clowns is that they are accountable !

Agree re Ashford.

On what grounds should Hooper follow? I can’t stand the bloke, but don’t see what he has supposed to have done or not done to warrant stepping down?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't think anyone takes the awards system seriously, didn't David Camerons hairdresser get a knighthood or somehing?

No, you're right, the public at large, for the most part, probably don't give a toss who gets what gong for whatever. 

However, Ashford clearly values his gong like nothing else in his life. It confirms in his mind how truly brilliant he is and how he's held in great esteem by "the great and the good". It proves to him that he rightfully rules over us plebs. 

This is why I think he should either give back or be stripped of his MBE - not because of what it means to the public, but because of what it means to him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What did it say to you?

As I see it, if you have a letter in your hand which supports your view of the Rachel affair, and indeed is tantamount (again in your view) to the 'silver bullet' for your point by point rebuttal, who in their right mind would shred your independent supporting evidence ? It shows one of two things 1. The veracity of the letter may be questionable or 2. You have exceedingly bad judgement as to how to treat a piece of supporting evidence in the (other very sad saga) involving a highly qualified and vilified  person. Sorry but if David Ashford told me it was daylight I would have to go outside and take a look !

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The question should be,  who nominated Ashie  and  Big Howie for the awards in the first place ,  I think His Excellency should he having a close look at these honours ,  and given  what has happened  with Dr Ranson and the disgraceful way  these two have behaved , look to have them  withdrawn ,   I have no doubt in my mind Dr Ranson   was severely lent on  by someone at the top , who didn't want his daily good news to the nation briefing  ruined  by some facts and a dose of reality from   someone medically qualified  who was trying to be factually  honest with the public  ,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2