Crogga

Dr Beeching

13 hours ago, 2bees said:

It’s a great thing for the Isle of Man, if we don’t tap into it someone else will. I’m 100% into reducing consumption and encouraging the use of cleaner energies but there is still a long way to go before we can stop using fossil fuels. Good luck to them, better the devil you know an all that :)

Nail absolutely on the head.

There is a long, long way to go to meet targets which are way too optimistic

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Normal procedure would be the money is held in escrow until final go ahead is given?

i was thinking along the lines of weve spent 50 million drilling ( 10 really ) and found nowt, bye bye.

13 hours ago, Mann O Mann said:

Gas will definitely be around for many more decades as the transition fuel . With over 50% of the revenues going to the IOM government by way of taxes it could fund schools, hospitals , key workers, roads etc etc . 

I still don’t think it will happen despite the majority of  the silent public opinion being behind it as the clowns in Tynwald listen to sound bites on social media . Put this into the melting pot with the DOI who are incapable of making sound decisions and where there go to is delay, delay and more delay until it goes away . I am not confident about it happening. The DOI will find someway to make this NOT happen I am sure of it! 

I listened to Mannin Line also and it was stated that the DOI don’t have the rules and regs in place to allow the drilling  ( they have only had 4/5 years to work on it as this project has been around for some time!!!!) and the DOI are refusing to meet Crogga to discuss possible ways forward . Sounds like they are sticking their heads in the sand on Douglas beach hoping it all goes away and they can carry on doing nothing !

If they F**k this up the whole administration should resign through sheer incompetence . 

My fingers are crossed but based on their track record I fear it’s wishful thinking that they will actually try and be proactive to make something happen.

66AAE203-4EAC-483E-B279-6F2C6B3975EA.jpeg

F3327E81-2037-47AC-8B17-DDF6B80F5343.jpeg

2B9DC65A-E52C-4F5D-869C-E7842BCB2EBD.jpeg

6 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Doesn't matter what you believe, gas is proven to be there and the only way to find out if it flows at good pressure is to drill.

@Chris Thomas pull your finger out, enough prevaricating, vary the licence and let them drill ASAP.

The funding is in place, conditional on IOMG/DOI issuing the relevant permit, which they are stalling on, to my immense frustration.

AFAIK Its got nothing to do with Government at this stage. They have a licence to test drill don't they. All they had to do is raise the money which it seems they have. I guess of they find it and its financially and technically feasible they will have to come back to Government to get a licence to extract it and agree terms (Although I reckon once they find it they will sell it on for someone else to extract). But we are not their yet so why are you bashing the Government now?

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Frankly this is going to be a massive litmus test to see how impotent, incompetent or oblivious to reality the Govt are. 

Please, please, please don't fuck this up. 

this + 1 million 

Govt need a massive reality check about how important actually the IOM is globally. i.e. not at all.

A golden opportunity secure their own finances for 20 years into the future, as well as providing cheap energy for all and accelerating the path to primarily relying on renewables and they dither, prevaricate, obfuscate and refuse to engage. Shameful.

We know you read these boards @Chris Thomas, please instruct your department to get on with it, vary the licence and issue the drilling permit, before the opportunity is lost. Additional seismic adds nothing, they have sufficient data already that they know where to drill.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

AFAIK Its got nothing to do with Government at this stage. They have a licence to test drill don't they. All they had to do is raise the money which it seems they have. I guess of they find it and its financially and technically feasible they will have to come back to Government to get a licence to extract it and agree terms (Although I reckon once they find it they will sell it on for someone else to extract). But we are not their yet so why are you bashing the Government now?

The ball is firmly in DoI's court but they won't play, or even meet to discuss next steps with the company. I have this directly from the CEO.

The money is contingent on the drilling permit, which it is up to DoI to issue as part of the licence (it's not included with the licence), but are now stalling as the company requested a slight variation to the licence in order to change some sequencing in relation to seismic, which DoI appear to be getting their knickers in a twist over, whilst entirely losing sight of the bigger picture, being that only DRILLING will either put this story to bed, or produce a windfall bonanza that will benefit every single person living on the Island.

That's why.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1