Revolut...Problems?

Albert Tatlock

12 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Lot of news going on with these guys today...anyone else having problems adding/withdrawing cash?

Used my card yesterday without any issues.  Although no idea how to transfer funds off Revolut back to my 'real' bank account. 

Fine for the moment but wouldn't be using it as a permanent.

Been due some monies paid in this week by someone and they won't accept a Revolut account. I have a personal one not a business one, but noted it specifically stated on their accounts people.

If I had money in it (which I don't currently) I'd be taking it out.

On 6/21/2023 at 2:19 PM, jackwhite said:

Fine for the moment but wouldn't be using it as a permanent.

Been due some monies paid in this week by someone and they won't accept a Revolut account. I have a personal one not a business one, but noted it specifically stated on their accounts people.

If I had money in it (which I don't currently) I'd be taking it out.

Did the same person refuse PayPal as well I've seen some people refuse to pay into anything  other than a traditional bank account ..

On 6/21/2023 at 2:19 PM, jackwhite said:

That could just be an over-cautious accountant or compliance officer perceiving Revolut as a fraud risk because of how they do the KYC. 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Virtual or prepaid credit or debit cards aren't accepted as payment methods for a number of businesses...including Azure subscriptions.

Revolut cards are not virtual or prepaid though. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 8:57 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

The Azure message was clear on revolut...'we do not accept pre-paid cards'. Pretty straightforward.

Yep. Same issues, Microsoft basically stopped accepting Revolut for Azure.

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Farage  is having a few problems with his I understand.

Like him or loathe him, (and I'm of the latter opinion) what's been done to him - and he's not the only one - is very frightening. 

If a bank can get away with denying people bank accounts because the bank doesn't like someone's opinion, then we're all vulnerable. Banks should only be permitted to deny service when a person (or company) has been proven to be guilty of financial illegalities. Even then, in today's increasingly cashless society, there needs to be some banking provision for a person to be able to pay for necessities like food and rent/mortgage. 

As much as I dislike Farrage, I don't feel any schadenfreud in this instance. Not one bit.

It's starting to feel like we're heading towards a social credit system like they have in China and it's frightening.