And.... the access road....

HelmutX

21 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Isn't there another housing estate planned in the area .. I suppose that with all the new houses there will be more traffic ?

Shouldn't the developers pay for part of the costs ? 

Yes, all the land behind Braddan school.

And yes, they should. But given the handouts to developers advertised this week, I’ll not hold my breath.

As for the access road, it needs to be about five feet wider and with traffic lights controlling the Braddan Bridge underpass that’s too narrow for two proper lanes. Maybe widen enough to put a pavement in. Theres the space to widen. Problem sorted. I don’t see why it’s so difficult.

No doubt the DOI will come up with a £50m overpass as the solution!

22 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Isn't there another housing estate planned in the area .. I suppose that with all the new houses there will be more traffic ?

Shouldn't the developers pay for part of the costs ? 

It’s been approved by planning despite the only access being just below school & just above the very busy Braddan roundabout.

Commissioners & residents objected & are now planning an appeal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

Yes, all the land behind Braddan school.

And yes, they should. But given the handouts to developers advertised this week, I’ll not hold my breath.

As for the access road, it needs to be about five feet wider and with traffic lights controlling the Braddan Bridge underpass that’s too narrow for two proper lanes. Maybe widen enough to put a pavement in. Theres the space to widen. Problem sorted. I don’t see why it’s so difficult.

No doubt the DOI will come up with a £50m overpass as the solution!

Where would you widen?  On one side is Peel Road on the other are trees along much of the field boundary. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:
1 hour ago, Banker said:

It’s been approved by planning despite the only access being just below school & just above the very busy Braddan roundabout.

Commissioners & residents objected & are now planning an appeal 

Yes.. many have sold / are in the process of selling  in the area . Traffic is going to be a major issue if the estate comes through..