Frank Matchams

The Phantom

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2023 at 7:02 PM, CrazyDave said:

Decidedly average when we went.  Others seem to like it though, which  I expect is more down to the location and fit out than the food.

Villa Parilla is much better and just round the corner

Instagram venue.

Some people these days are more concerned with how it looks than what it does.

The cocktails are overly sweet and honestly a little dangerous, considering the dry ice aspect and lack of experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

Instagram venue.

The cocktails are overly sweet and honestly a little dangerous, considering the dry ice aspect and lack of experience. 

Must be killing the trade for that not so cool place in the arcade.

22 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Instagram venue.

I’ve not been myself yet. But have spoken to a couple of people who have. They liked the place, found the cocktails a bit expensive but mercifully are still alive.

Something weird about drinking under the villa, the smell of rotten seaweed/piss made me question if Ted Ball was still around. 

I think the concept may have been better with app ordering etc in a bigger venue. Seems very strange to be scanning QR codes and ordering with apps when it’s not beneficial to the punter and adds more of a wait. 

52 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Something weird about drinking under the villa, the smell of rotten seaweed/piss made me question if Ted Ball was still around. 

I think the concept may have been better with app ordering etc in a bigger venue. Seems very strange to be scanning QR codes and ordering with apps when it’s not beneficial to the punter and adds more of a wait. 

Must confess that aspect puts me off going.

Surely part of the restaurant experience is to have human interaction with the staff ( I know you can do that as well)

It seems to me like ordering your food from a vending machine, however good it is. 

But I guess I’m just a grumpy old git.