Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Shoprite should put the wilkos site and the block behind it up for sale really.  Stop just hogging land. 

Government might not be too pleased as they own the old Strix site.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, finlo said:

Government might not be too pleased as they own the old Strix site.

Well I did not know that. I was told iom enterprises owned it. Government should sell it anyway, good plot in need of redevelopment. What are they holding it for anyway, just letting the building fall to bits?

52 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well I did not know that. I was told iom enterprises owned it. Government should sell it anyway, good plot in need of redevelopment. What are they holding it for anyway, just letting the building fall to bits?

So the plod can do dog training in there.  That’s it entire use. Think you can rent it out, but the rent is as you imagine astronomical. 

3 hours ago, Declan said:

I think the issue has been what Roger described. I've been in at 9 and the shelves empty, but 8 next morning its restocked. 

The main problem has been people who normally shopped at Shoprite visiting there and continuing to act with the complete disregard for other people that they display playing dodgems in the Shoprite car park. 

Went to Tesco today. Seems a better layout than Shoprite was, although some of the shelving choices were odd (instant noodles in a different aisle than dried noodles?) Word of warning you need to sign up to their Clubcard scheme to get 2 for 1 offers etc. 

Instant noodles are in a different aisle to the dried noodles in Lake Road, I suppose because one is an ingredient the other is a quick snack like tinned soups. 

• Like 1

Just now, finlo said:

Do you really think they would be not regularly checked?

I don't know, but I do know some companies cannot give away old tech (laptops etc) to charities which is why I made the comment.  I did also like Swoopy's observation to which I had replied. 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't know, but I do know some companies cannot give away old tech (laptops etc) to charities which is why I made the comment.  I did also like Swoopy's observation to which I had replied. 

What makes you think they are old tech? Pretty sure these are supplied and maintained by a third party Craig's heart strong foundation or similar.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

What makes you think they are old tech? Pretty sure these are supplied and maintained by a third party Craig's heart strong foundation or similar.

Well they should have been given back to Craig's Heartstrong Foundation.

I didn't say the defibs were old just that some charities may not take old, as in pre-owned, tech. 

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Instant noodles are in a different aisle to the dried noodles in Lake Road, I suppose because one is an ingredient the other is a quick snack like tinned soups. 

My sister made a similar complaint about the tinned soup not being with the other soup.