Courtenay Heading again

Cueey Lewis And The News

Just now, littlebushy said:

I'm not convinced that this is as a result in gaps in mental health care....

No, nor me.  I think it is entirely due to social media where you can post any odd ideas and find like-minded individuals verifying your view. Before social media, people with odd ideas didn't get that verification and would be told by the much smaller audience they were airing them to that they were, indeed, odd ideas. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, nor me.  I think it is entirely due to social media where you can post any odd ideas and find like-minded individuals verifying your view. Before social media, people with odd ideas didn't get that verification and would be told by the much smaller audience they were airing them to that they were, indeed, odd ideas. 

You say that...but he has been allowed to carry on with his behaviour to the point that he got locked up. Could have been a lot more serious, given the case.

I think that's a gap...and a very public one.

38 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Before social media, people with odd ideas didn't get that verification and would be told by the much smaller audience they were airing them to that they were, indeed, odd ideas. 

The church has existed for a long time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You say that...but he has been allowed to carry on with his behaviour to the point that he got locked up. Could have been a lot more serious, given the case.

I think that's a gap...and a very public one.

My point is what fuelled him to carry on? I suspect it was social media validation for his views, rather than a few of the face to face audience pre-social media telling him to shut up. 

How would he come to the attention of mental health services other than voluntarily or after a conviction?  You can't lock people up for being odd. 

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

My point is what fuelled him to carry on? I suspect it was social media validation for his views, rather than a few of the face to face audience pre-social media telling him to shut up. 

How would he come to the attention of mental health services other than voluntarily or after a conviction?  You can't lock people up for being odd. 

Well...I guess this the fundamental question. When do social media sites step in before things get serious?

This got serious, a court process started, he got convicted and yet his account is still up.

If someone reported someone in Strand Street for the same behaviour, who would step in when? Would they let it get all the way to court?

I think I'm saying that the mental health services remit might have to be adapted, particularly when things look to be getting serious. Strand St v Online.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I believe he got locked up for harassment. I think you can take the social media bit out of the equation. People have been punished for harassment well before the advent of the internet.

Weirdos harass people for all sorts of reasons, not just for being opposed to vaccinations. 

Quite right he should face justice. 
(And I’m no fan of Dr Glover but that’s irrelevant)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I believe he got locked up for harassment. I think you can take the social media bit out of the equation. People have been punished for harassment well before the advent of the internet.

Weirdos harass people for all sorts of reasons, not just for being opposed to vaccinations. 

Quite right he should face justice. 
(And I’m no fan of Dr Glover but that’s irrelevant)

The discussion was whether social media had a role in his harassment (ie giving him the validation  to continue) rather than a failure of mental health.  I have no issue with him being found guilty of the shameful treatment he meted out to Dr Glover, nor that he is, rightly,  serving a prison sentence for it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Met her ages ago when her job was teaching Excel to the technologically inept. She claimed her IQ had gone up by 20 points when she gave up gluten. Presumably it was negative prior to that.

And yeah she became a "free (wo)man of the land" nutter when she ended up needing to pay a tax bill or something. They only ever do it to avoid boring stuff like taxes. I have no respect for any of them until someone uses the "legal name fiction" defence for a cool crime like bank robbery.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HeliX said:

And yeah she's fucking mental

HleDMF1.png

iO3NgZU.png2mpY9cj.png

Of course when none of it ever turns out to be true she never updates her belief system...

An acquaintance of mine is a Heading disciple, and has attended some of his talks.   I have to confess their beliefs amuse me to some extent, until you realise how engulfed they are by what they believe.   They're currently 'researching' aircraft contrails which are apparently poisoning us on a daily basis.  Because they've somehow managed to work out what's really going on in the world, they've gained immunity from the contrails poisoning.   According to them, it's my Covid jab which makes me susceptible.

This is the same Covid jab which several years ago the acquaintance confidently predicted would cause me severe dementia (and most probably death) within a matter of months, and also allow the "murderer Bill Gates" to track my movements.  Quite why Bill Gates would want to track my movements if I was dead, seems to have escaped their intellect entirely. 

When I point out to them that none of their prophecies in respect of my demise have yet to come true, I'm advised to "wait and see".  That's their stock reply to any conspiracy theories points of view which differ to theirs.  Sadly, I'm a lost cause because I'm uneducated and a sheeple.  Unlike them.  

• Like 1