Reduced General Election Term Time to 3 Years.

Last Ten

3 hours ago, Interested Reader said:

So what are the MHKs doing in between not passing any legislation? 

I can’t answer for others but I’m chairman of the Post Office, sit on two Tynwald committees, and am political member of the DOI with responsibilities for roads, airport and public transport. I’m also working on legislation to do with adverse possession and vexatious litigation. And I’m a constituency MHK. Most members have similar workloads and responsibilities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I can’t answer for others but I’m chairman of the Post Office, sit on two Tynwald committees, and am political member of the DOI with responsibilities for roads, airport and public transport. I’m also working on legislation to do with adverse possession and vexatious litigation. And I’m a constituency MHK. Most members have similar workloads and responsibilities.

Very good Stu, but what do you actually do while you sit on two Tynwald committees and the DOI with responsibilities, nobody at DOI give a toss about the travelling public as can be proved by the amount of cancellations on flights/sailings and roadworks and now DOI are about to start spending more money on the TT course instead of the road south from Santon, do you have blinkers on when you visit the airport or go via Ballacraine? You can argue that the Gingerhall to Ramsey is an arterial route, but the road south from Santon to the airport and back is the way most business/visitors or any southern motorist's paying VED travel daily to and from Douglas is it too much to ask for that route be prioritised and at least try to make an impression on anyone travelling to the capital city. I know how busy you are but the next time you drive south open your eyes and look at the state of the main arterial route from the airport to the capital.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Very good Stu, but what do you actually do while you sit on two Tynwald committees and the DOI with responsibilities, nobody at DOI give a toss about the travelling public as can be proved by the amount of cancellations on flights/sailings and roadworks and now DOI are about to start spending more money on the TT course instead of the road south from Santon, do you have blinkers on when you visit the airport or go via Ballacraine? You can argue that the Gingerhall to Ramsey is an arterial route, but the road south from Santon to the airport and back is the way most business/visitors or any southern motorist's paying VED travel daily to and from Douglas is it too much to ask for that route be prioritised and at least try to make an impression on anyone travelling to the capital city. I know how busy you are but the next time you drive south open your eyes and look at the state of the main arterial route from the airport to the capital.

سمكوكوسةوبقدونس-popcorn.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I’m quite aware of all these issues. Cancellations on boats or aircraft are NOT down to IOMG/DOI but the operators, and at this time of year have always happened. Spending on TT Course is essential unless we want to lose the TT. A5 at Santon is on the list but was postponed originally because of the upheaval and delays it would cause.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

. A5 at Santon is on the list but was postponed originally because of the upheaval and delays it would cause.

Did you try to tell them it goes past your house?   That seems to work.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

You quite often require 2 seats……

Terrible school boy mocking but an excellent opportunity not to be missed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I can’t answer for others but I’m chairman of the Post Office, sit on two Tynwald committees, and am political member of the DOI with responsibilities for roads, airport and public transport. 

So the post office and the DOi. So you oversee two areas of government which constantly struggle to see which can be the provider of the worst service for the most headcount cost. 

A5 at Santon is on the list but was postponed originally because of the upheaval and delays it would cause.

But when is it NOT going to cause upheavals and delays? It is always going to do that, so it's not a valid reason to not get on with it.

As others have pointed out, it's the main route into the Island's capital from the airport. First impressions and all that.

• Like 2

I’m quite aware of all these issues. Cancellations on boats or aircraft are NOT down to IOMG/DOI but the operators, and at this time of year have always happened. Spending on TT Course is essential unless we want to lose the TT. A5 at Santon is on the list but was postponed originally because of the upheaval and delays it would cause.

Is that your piss poor excuse for the state of the majority of roads on the island?

33 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But when is it NOT going to cause upheavals and delays? It is always going to do that, so it's not a valid reason to not get on with it.

As others have pointed out, it's the main route into the Island's capital from the airport. First impressions and all that.

Doi have been wanting to do it for years.  As I understand it, the reason it’s not been done is down to treasury, not DOI

3 hours ago, Interested Reader said:

So the post office and the DOi. So you oversee two areas of government which constantly struggle to see which can be the provider of the worst service for the most headcount cost. 

Are you qualified to assert that, or are you just joining the big boys for a pile-on? Our roads are no worse than the UK or Ireland’s, and apart from a tiny percentage of reported problems IOMPO is something you should be proud of. Or we could put taxes up even more to fix potholes - I imagine that would go down well. And before you repeat the popular mantra about reducing PS management bloat, let me know how a responsible employer can do that without destroying morale, making services worse, paying gazillions in redundancy payments, bullying and unfair dismissal claims.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Are you qualified to assert that, or are you just joining the big boys for a pile-on? Our roads are no worse than the UK or Ireland’s, and apart from a tiny percentage of reported problems IOMPO is something you should be proud of. Or we could put taxes up even more to fix potholes - I imagine that would go down well. And before you repeat the popular mantra about reducing PS management bloat, let me know how a responsible employer can do that without destroying morale, making services worse, paying gazillions in redundancy payments, bullying and unfair dismissal claims.

Yes , stop employing battalions of the fuckers in the first place!

• Thanks 1