What is the story with the Post?

Manxweegie

On 4/8/2024 at 4:58 PM, Beelzebub3 said:

I posted an A4 size envelope to the Isle of Man from N Ireland cost £2.10 this morning and will give an update on its arrival it usually takes 3 days.

It arrived in Peel Friday morning so all things considered only a day later than expected.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:55 PM, John Wright said:

Improved “efficiency” often comes at the price of poorer service standards. Bank call centres, especially “offshored” to the sub continent, spring to mind.

Anyway, Sunday I ordered something on line from Germany. This morning I got an e-Mail saying it had been despatched via Deutsche Post. I’ve just had a Royal Mail tracking e-Mail. It left Düsseldorf at 02.19 this morning, it’s now passed through the Heathrow letter centre. 

I’m interested to see how long it’ll take for the final 426km.

Arrived 09.00 Thursday. I don’t think that’s bad, from Düsseldorf, to London, via UK customs, to Isle of Man using Deutsche Post, Royal Mail and IoM Post, in 79 hours

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 2:08 PM, PeachTea said:

Since i moved back to the Island i have stopped paying attention to any of the tracking. It is never right and always shows as being sat in a hub somewhere despite it having arrived. This is the same for amazon parcels which more or less all show that they are yet to be delivered and could apply for a refund if i wanted. As its the seller who would lose out I leave it but post feedback so the seller is notified of the parcels arrival. 

As for IOMP and postage - i recently sent a small parcel to a friend for her birthday and paid for the parcel to arrive before her birthday ( I didnt post last minute either) and yet despite paying close to £10 to ensure a faster delivery the parcel still arrived a day late.  I would blame the RM but whilst living in England I did not experience similar issues therefore i put this down to a combo of IOMP dithering with the mail whilst on island and RM for prioritising other mail over the IOM. 

update on postage times. I have recently ordered online and both orders arrived within 5 days and that included the day when the weather was dire so the boat was cancelled.