If you don't like the TT then DON'T buy a property on the TT Course!!

HelmutX

I think she's mainly complaining about the new schedule, although the old schedule was hardly set in stone, at least in the short time they've been there, due to weather delays and cancellations.

I do kind of think though, if I had a business like that in that location, I would think that making the effort to open up outside road closures would probably recoup most if not all of the loss. 

I'm not sure throwing a hissy fit and closing for the week is making the best of the situation TBH.

• Like 3

Tens of thousands of bikers and visitors during the fortnight - she should be 'open all hours' and advertising the fact.

'Box-of-thinking-out-the' - too little of it going on in the tea-shop trade, clearly.

• Like 3

Maybe she will take it as an opport6unity to have a holiday/break with her kids, if she has any, then back to grind with open roads the rest of the year?

Not an excuse to moan aboput it but then that's the current bandwagon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I think she's mainly complaining about the new schedule, although the old schedule was hardly set in stone, at least in the short time they've been there, due to weather delays and cancellations.

I do kind of think though, if I had a business like that in that location, I would think that making the effort to open up outside road closures would probably recoup most if not all of the loss. 

I'm not sure throwing a hissy fit and closing for the week is making the best of the situation TBH.

Well judging from TripAdvisor reviews she's been there since 2017 at least, so it's hardly as if she's just discovering where all those motorcycles come from.  The new schedule is presumably the main driver of her complaints which are based on experience and looking at takings last year.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well judging from TripAdvisor reviews she's been there since 2017 at least, so it's hardly as if she's just discovering where all those motorcycles come from.  The new schedule is presumably the main driver of her complaints which are based on experience and looking at takings last year.

There are hundreds of potential customers camping just down the road from her tea room.

Advertise that they can collect takeaway lunches in the morning before the roads close.

Do takeaways to the site in the evenings.

Do a pop up at PennyBridge or White House.  Both of which are packed and within walking g distance when roads are closed.

Open in the evenings.

Do breakfasts early morning.

FFS.  Businesses that want to thrive in TT.  Those that are lazy don’t.  The best example is the lady clothes shop at the top of Parliament Street.  Sales of lady’s clothes right next to a road that is closed for most of the fortnight must plummet, so she stocks different lines and is open early morning to late night for the duration of TT and MGP including Sundays.

Edited by Anthony Ingham
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1