Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Wonder if this is to help business to fully function staff wise over what is a really busy time. I know when I worked over TT on bars etc people were dropping like fly’s by the end of the fortnight and nothing would get them to work more. 

Bushy's flu!

• Haha 2

Just now, CallMeCurious said:

There seem to be new sites popping up every year.

I know the one I’m involved with has biggest bookings they’ve ever had and for all intent and purpose are full .

6 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Is that worse or beter than Okells belly?

Better. An Okells belly costs you £7,300 when you can get a Bushy's belly for only £2,300...with 2 years proper effort of course.

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

More campsites then. 

Have you any idea how much effort goes in to a successful well run camp sites. Firstly you have to have the land then lots of infrastructure , showers , toilets , food etc and a safe environment. Then people to run it and keep it tidy and controlled . It’s a big commitment and only really needed once a year. .

• Like 1

As usual the devil will be in the detail with this scheme but from the press articles it looks like:

1. Employers will be able to claim additional funding to pay staff who work more than 37 hours a week. 

2. Staff working more than 37 hours a week would normally earn "overtime" at time and a half or 2 times hourly rate. 

3. The taxpayer will be effectively funding the "overtime" payments.

Or am I missing something?   

Just now, Mistercee said:

As usual the devil will be in the detail with this scheme but from the press articles it looks like:

1. Employers will be able to claim additional funding to pay staff who work more than 37 hours a week. 

2. Staff working more than 37 hours a week would normally earn "overtime" at time and a half or 2 times hourly rate. 

3. The taxpayer will be effectively funding the "overtime" payments.

Or am I missing something?   

In all the time I worked TT week it was a straight hourly rate. As many hours as you wanted. If there not careful this is open to abuse. 

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

In all the time I worked TT week it was a straight hourly rate. As many hours as you wanted. If there not careful this is open to abuse. 

It was the same when I did it but I only worked part time doing 4 or 5 hours in the evening on a "casual" basis.  These days anyone working 37 hours a week will be regarded as permanent staff and their contract of employment will cover pay for extra hours worked. 

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Have you any idea how much effort goes in to a successful well run camp sites. Firstly you have to have the land then lots of infrastructure , showers , toilets , food etc and a safe environment. Then people to run it and keep it tidy and controlled . It’s a big commitment and only really needed once a year. .

Do they do it out of duty or to make some cash?