CARING IOM GOVERNMENT (sic)

Sentience

For many years my loving wife has suffered from COPD, a severe breathing problem apparently mainly caused by smoking cigarettes.

As she is approaching her 60th birthday, it's obvious this habit began for her before the very negative health potentials were fully understood.

Thankfully for many years the meds for this debilitating condition were given free. A night tablet and inhalers.

She recently recieved a letter from Mr Hooper's lot, a Mrs Baxter, asking her to reapply for a new exemption certificate.

Today in the mail my wife received this reply;

She 'no longer met the requirements necessary for exemption'??

Has the COPD suddenly gone away?...it doesn't..ever.

Has the illness suddenly got less impactive on her health...no, as with my wife it get's worse.

So, what can the reason be that after many years where previous health authorities agreed to support this woman who has paid into the health system all her working life (ironically, she's a carer!) Now decide she doesn't meet the 'criteria' for their support?

They're even supporting their outlandish salaries/pensions by declining help to the sick...IOMG caring....shite.

1 minute ago, Sentience said:

For many years my loving wife has suffered from COPD, a severe breathing problem apparently mainly caused by smoking cigarettes.

As she is approaching her 60th birthday, it's obvious this habit began for her before the very negative health potentials were fully understood.

Thankfully for many years the meds for this debilitating condition were given free. A night tablet and inhalers.

She recently recieved a letter from Mr Hooper's lot, a Mrs Baxter, asking her to reapply for a new exemption certificate.

Today in the mail my wife received this reply;

She 'no longer met the requirements necessary for exemption'??

Has the COPD suddenly gone away?...it doesn't..ever.

Has the illness suddenly got less impactive on her health...no, as with my wife it get's worse.

So, what can the reason be that after many years where previous health authorities agreed to support this woman who has paid into the health system all her working life (ironically, she's a carer!) Now decide she doesn't meet the 'criteria' for their support?

They're even supporting their outlandish salaries/pensions by declining help to the sick...IOMG caring....shite.

I assume she can afford to pay and doesn’t qualify for exemption by being on benefits so any reason she shouldn’t pay?

Just now, Banker said:

I assume she can afford to pay and doesn’t qualify for exemption by being on benefits so any reason she shouldn’t pay?

'W, sorry 'banker', you really need to read and furthermore  understand what's written.

Quote; "She's a carer"...a working carer,  certainly not on ANY benefits.

Do you have even a remote idea what these workers get paid, and if I even get a runny nose we are required to do a daily LFT which the carers have to buy out of their own pocket...5 LFT'S for £11.00.

Do keep up!

Sorry, but I think Bakkers point deserves a proper response.

We spend a lot of money each month on prescription meds in this house because we don’t meet the criteria for free prescriptions.  I don’t like it, and I moan about it occasionally but it is what it is and we budget for it.

Plus, if I am Being brutally honest, they aren’t self inflicted conditions.

It must be horrible to deal with and you have my sympathy, but presumably you have been deemed able to afford it where some others can’t, and should that change in the future you can be re assessed?

7 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Sorry, but I think Bakkers point deserves a proper response.

We spend a lot of money each month on prescription meds in this house because we don’t meet the criteria for free prescriptions.  I don’t like it, and I moan about it occasionally but it is what it is and we budget for it.

Plus, if I am Being brutally honest, they aren’t self inflicted conditions.

It must be horrible to deal with and you have my sympathy, but presumably you have been deemed able to afford it where some others can’t, and should that change in the future you can be re assessed?

I believe my response was appropriate.

Nothing, including her/our financial circumstances have changed, apart from this horrible disablement getting, as predicted, worse.

If it helps, her wage annual total is small enough she doesn't have to pay tax!

But along with a miserable pay, ironically, there are costs for the employee just to be able to care.

AND, she is not alone. Carers, considering the kind of wonderful 'caring' they offer are amongst the worst paid in society. 

Period.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

10 quid an item here.

I prepay every May. About 100 quid. 3 items a month = big saving

With all due respect 'D' I was talking particularly about IOMG's (NOT so) caring attitude toward their public, not the UK's.

This comparison is meaningless in these circumstances.

15 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

10 quid an item here.

I prepay every May. About 100 quid. 3 items a month = big saving

The prepayment certificates here are a big help here too. 

The exemption doesn't make them 'free'. You still pay for it, just through tax and NI.

Perhaps it would be fairer to make all prescriptions 'free' and raise your taxes?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sentience said:

With all due respect 'D' I was talking particularly about IOMG's (NOT so) caring attitude toward their public, not the UK's.

This comparison is meaningless in these circumstances.

Not really.

Have you looked into the pre payment certificates to see if that would help?  I also assume you earn or at least have an income that makes the free prescriptions not an option?

2 hours ago, Sentience said:

In 1971, the UK became the first government to reach a voluntary agreement with the industry to add the first-generation HWL 'Warning by HM Government: Cigarettes Can Damage Your Health' to the package sides.

So she would have started smoking at the time health warnings were first printed on packets, no excuses really.

2 hours ago, Sentience said:

COPD, a severe breathing problem apparently mainly caused by smoking cigarettes.

Is she still smoking?

• Like 1