Nobles Park

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Couple of men, chipping hammers wire brush's pot of paint. But then all the men/women who can handle wire brush, pot of paint let go in favour of more and more managers. Yeah that will solve it lickety split.

I don't think we should be allowed anything new until we learn to maintain what we have.

The pavement on Parliament Street in Ramsey is an ecological niche!

• Like 2

Don’t encourage them, next thing you know the entire parks committee will have to goto the park stuff exhibition in Birmingham to decide what other rubbish they can waste money on. It’s been years since my kids were young enough for me to take them to the park and even then the park equipment was poorly maintained and a bit emperor's new clothesy. 
Children want swings, roundabouts and slides, it is that simple.

We've forgotten the rust on the slides of our childhood; we remember the sliding.

Edited by Declan
swings / swinging changed to slides / sliding. I know what you lot are like!
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 2bees said:

Don’t encourage them, next thing you know the entire parks committee will have to goto the park stuff exhibition in Birmingham to decide what other rubbish they can waste money on. It’s been years since my kids were young enough for me to take them to the park and even then the park equipment was poorly maintained and a bit emperor's new clothesy. 
Children want swings, roundabouts and slides, it is that simple.

Bring back the witches hat and the toothchipper...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

and tax payers want dentists , doctors and decent roads.

All these things and the play equipment could be more affordable if we hadn't immersed our world into a sea of "required" administration and management.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

All these things and the play equipment could be more affordable if we hadn't immersed our world into a sea of "required" administration and management.

What like a avoiding children getting needless head injuries?

29 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What like a avoiding children getting needless head injuries?

How did we ever manage previously when we had people to paint, maintain and repair? Rather than layers of management instead?

Wait until a child slices their hand open on one of those rusty edges. The response will be, rip the equipment out, H&S risk, non-compliant etc and we can't afford to replace it now either.

But we'll still have the management layers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

How did we ever manage previously when we had people to paint, maintain and repair? Rather than layers of management instead?

Wait until a child slices their hand open on one of those rusty edges. The response will be, rip the equipment out, H&S risk, non-compliant etc and we can't afford to replace it now either.

But we'll still have the management layers.

I didn't make ony comment on that. Only that parks need to be better then they were when I was a kid

23 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

A bit of upkeep/maintanance would solve half the problems, But let's just leave it and not have a program in place till its past the point of no return.

How very dare you! Don't you know the M word is verbotten in public services.

You can't go cleaning gutters, throwing paint about and looking after stuff when there are sales reps to feed and new shiny catalogues to browse.

And you certainly can't cut a ribbon every time somebody fixes something. Especailly not in a City.

Nope, it's let it fall into disrepair and then build a new one. Preferably from the A-range or at least the B-range. Never even consider C-range or less. You've got a budget to maintain remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1