Nobles Park

48 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Saw this posted today. My kids are way past parks thanks, but the state of this from the photos is an absolute disgrace.

How can DbC justify this with the rates they charge?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IOMNewspolitics/permalink/7050248171748516/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Thankfully only members such as yourself can view the contents 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Thankfully only members such as yourself can view the contents 

Well, I can’t be arsed copying and pasting it and would have thought that people who post here would be members of that group.

Even if they aren’t, it takes less time to join than typing your comment here did, and it’s good comedy.  There are some proper nutters in there 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Well, I can’t be arsed copying and pasting it and would have thought that people who post here would be members of that group.

Even if they aren’t, it takes less time to join than typing your comment here did, and it’s good comedy.  There are some proper nutters in there 

But you copied an pasted the link ..

• Haha 1

I have seen the photos and they are grim,  equipment covered in rust etc.   really no excuse.   As a kid I played a lot in Nobles Park and although the swings , etc were basic I.e. two bits of heavy chain and a wooden seat, they were always kept in good repair as was the roundabout and the seesaw.    I have also seen pictures today of the flower beds in the top part of the park and they look amazing, really stunning .   Credit where it is due.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Still not rebuilt the Prom one that was washed out to sea 

there is talk of them wasting money putting a splash fountain down there  which in fairness will only be used for a couple of months in the year  , it needs to be proper sturdy all year round play equipment down there  not some councillors   wet pipe  dream  ,  the old equipment was well used   and very sadly missed by the children  who enjoyed playing there    

• Like 2

Not good and words need to be had re maintenance. I've raised a few issues in other places (rusty fence in summerhill glen for example) and was always told this and that re maintenance budgets etc (we can only do so much). We are not supposed to be active operationally but clearly we need to keep a closer eye on things. This is not acceptable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1