Lost : Season 2

Minxie

Have now seen the first episode of the second series, and am even more gripped than ever. Didn't you just know as soon as that guy said "see you in another life brother" that he would be the bloke down the hatch.

Still haven't worked out what it's all about yet. We had thought that they were all dead, but I think that's already been said that it's not the case hasn't it?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still haven't worked out what it's all about yet. We had thought that they were all dead, but I think that's already been said that it's not the case hasn't it?

That's right, they're not dead.

I strongly suspect that this entire season's flashbacks will be centred on discovering that all the survivors have met Desmond before now. I reckon he was driving the brown Pontiac that crashed into Michael and Kate for example.

Notice how there were two bunks in the hatch? The other one Ethans?

Notice how there were two bunks in the hatch? The other one Ethans?

I was wondering about Ethan. French chick said that she had been on her own for years, yet she and Ethan nabbed Clare together didn't they, as she had the flash back about scratching her arm. Rousseau also said something about everybody in her team getting sick, so perhaps she stuck him in the quarantine.

I reckon he was driving the brown Pontiac that crashed into Michael and Kate for example.

Which brown Pontiac? (I did watch all 24 episodes in just 3 days so it was sort of Lost overload one weekend :) )

so perhaps she stuck him in the quarantine.

Did you not notice which side of the hatch the word was written? It's not the inside that's under quarantine....

Which brown Pontiac? (I did watch all 24 episodes in just 3 days so it was sort of Lost overload one

Michael was hit by a car - Brown Pontiac

Kate crashed into a car when on the run with her childhood sweetheart - Brown Pontiac

Locke gets hit by a car in the carpark when chasing his mother - Brown Pontiac

Try to remember that in this show, there are no unintentional co-incidences.

The last one is less important because it didn't change the storyline (so far as we know) as Locke just picked himself up and carried on running. It will be interesting to see if it was that hit that caused the eventual loss of his legs. We still haven't really been told what that was, although it seems more likely that it was a mental block rather than a physical impediment.

Episode two tonight centres around the raft people. I've seen some screencaps for it and it looks fruity :)

Ah right I do remember those incidents, I just didn't notice the cars involved (I know nothing about makes of American cars :( ). I get what you mean about the Quarantine being on the inside.

I am sure that another main character will be killed off this season, but not sure who. I was reading an article with Matthew Fox (Jack Shephard) and originally Jack was to have been killed off in the first episode, but the writer changed his mind.

That was because Jack was going to be played by a high profile actor just for the pilot (Michael Keaton was rumoured) but they didn't get him so they kept Jack as a main character.

The producers have said that a female main character will die this season. I actually think they've thrown us a curveball with that and that if they do, it will be Rousseau, not one of the survivors.

Already got Episode 2 sat at home waiting for me to watch it tonight when I get home after training. Woohoo!

Did you notice that when Locke went into the bunker he looked at the symbol on one of the power box covers machines, and it said Dharma - that's a Bhuddist word meaning Protection. That is the same symbol that is on Desmond's shirt, and all the stuff in his stock room. Did you also notice when Sawyer was thinking about swimming for the pontoon and the shark swam past him, the shark also had this same symbol tatooed on it's tail?

Also, don't know if it's really relevant or just coincidence, but the cuddly toy that Michael gave to Walt as a child was a polar bear - when they first arrived on the island they found a polar bear. Isn't Walt supposed to be 'special' perhaps it's all got something to do with him.

Archived