Lost : Season 2

Minxie

I strongly suspect that this entire season's flashbacks will be centred on discovering that all the survivors have met Desmond before now. I reckon he was driving the brown Pontiac that crashed into Michael and Kate for example.

I guess seeing as he didn't know Locke or Kate, that's my theory out the window :)

I also thought Desmond had been observing the survivors for some time, when it's pretty clear he didn't know they were there.

Also, the Canadian preview shows that Kate jumps down from the vent, whacks Desmond and his gun goes off, shooting the computer he used to type the cursed numbers into and reset the deadmans counter. He then says 'we're all gonna die'

Spoilered it because it's a pretty big reveal and wasn't in any of the internet rips.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

indeed, although Desmond had the cameras inside the tunnels, there didn't seem to be any screens as such showing anything to do with outside.

good thing the computer wasn't running win95, it'd never have restarted in time to execute before the counter reached zero

I want to know whty Desmond is actually there. From what I can tell it looked like he was surprised when Locke said that the world is still there. Maybe he thought the world was going to end and he is one of those survivalist nutters?

Also in Jacks flashback how long ago was it since he first met Desmond in the stadium.

The numbers are still a mystery to me, i'm guessing that they are the common denominator for what is happening.

I want to know whty Desmond is actually there. From what I can tell it looked like he was surprised when Locke said that the world is still there. Maybe he thought the world was going to end and he is one of those survivalist nutters?

I think it's The Sickness he thinks has killed them.

Desmond is there because he's most likely a button pusher for the Dharma group (so called after the logo on the uniform/shark/cabinet). The computer is a deadman's countdown (google it) of some sort. The reason he asked Locke "Are you him?" is that he' waiting for his replacement I think. Kinda like he's waiting to be relieved of duty.

I also don't think Ethan has anything to do with Desmond now.

Also in Jacks flashback how long ago was it since he first met Desmond in the stadium.

Most people seem to agree that it's somewhere about 6 or 7 years ago.

The numbers are still a mystery to me, i'm guessing that they are the common denominator for what is happening.

The numbers are everywhere man. It's actually really rewarding for fanboys like me when we see the time on the clock in the background, the page on an open report or the size of a shoe and it's one of those numbers. The directors know that there are thousands of people screencapping and analysing every frame of the show for the slightest detail and all these things are like little easter eggs. Hell, I spent half an hour last night going through the frames of the episodes with the polar bears looking for logos on them like we saw on the shark. Seriously, next episode you watch, every number you see will be one of the cursed numbers or 108 (total of them added up)

The numbers are still very muddy as to what they are. Most theories relate around the Iching philosophies but I actually doubt they're anything based in existing theory as with the power of the internet, people would have already worked out the significance and hence a huge part of the Island story. The numbers are specific to this show in my opinion.

Watched "Adrift" last night. I am enthralled at all of the possible scenarios that could unravel. Is the story a complete story with an end or is it being made/extended as we go along do you know? Will they be able to keep is as intrigued with constant revelations for another series or so? #

Where do you think Walt fits into this, he must be required for his seemingly strange power. "Things happen when he is around." But to what end.?

I can't wait to see what comes next!!

Also did you get the bit at the end that shows you whats coming next week.. and Jin at the end of it! whow!!!

I saw that bit of next week's trailer too, and thought WTF. Has he been holding out on them, or has he been "infected".

I'm pretty sure that the Jin scene is either part of an interview with the actor himself (who is a well known American TV drama actor) or it's part of a hallucination by one of the other cast members.

I strongly doubt he's been able to speak and understand English for so long. The moment to reveal that he could would have been as Sun owned up, because we already knew she could when she revealed it to the rest of the survivors, whereas for Jin to suddenly talk in English would have had that 'wow' edge.

I actually felt they tried to pack too much into Episode 3. It felt rushed. They could have left out the raft survivors part and focussed on the Dharma initiative.

Interesting that they've confirmed what we knew about the Swan logo not being there on the shark's logo. As the film confirmed, the Swan group concerns electro magnetism, we can assume that the flatline logo is the mark of the Zoology group. Now they need to see if there are other hatches around, the film definitely seemed to indicate that there were.

And Adebisi! Man, he looks even scarier than he did in Oz.

I've caught up now, it was another good episode and full of things to keep us wondering. How badly did you just not want Jack to press that button so you could see what would happen. Wonder how long they will be pressing that for? Do you think this second group supposedly from the plane (I know the girl is) are just being carefull with Sawyer and co incase they are the 'others' as maybe they too have had an Ethan like encounter. I supppose the possibilities are endless.

Poor Hugo. So there are other bunkers, but obviously the other lot are not pushing a button like the main group, and the island is still there. Do you think the 'others' got sick because the button wasn't being pressed any more?

Archived