North One Wins Isle Of Man Tt Races Tv Tender

TomTucker

another move by the DTL to outsource every possible function of the TT to uk companies and get the wealth as far from the Isle of Man as possible.

I would be interested to know the Greenlight side of the story on this one, this year you could watch the entire NW200 Live on BBCi which was fantastic, 2 weeks later you have pay to listen to radio TT, if theres a change to the coverage of the TT surely this is the direction they should be going in?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see they mention 'F1 on ITV' quite a bit on the website. All the actual race coverage comes from FOM* not the individual TV cos covering the event. Basically, they're left to do the interviews, and fillers.

*Formula One Management

Has this not been talked about before and Greenlight is not a Manx company as such its just that the office is here?

their website shows one address, in tromode and as far as i know they are as manx as you and me save a few english directors and board members as you would expect in any successful company. they certainly have and continue to employ plenty of locals and they give an excellent xmas do in bar george every year too.

Has this not been talked about before and Greenlight is not a Manx company as such its just that the office is here?

their website shows one address, in tromode and as far as i know they are as manx as you and me save a few english directors and board members as you would expect in any successful company. they certainly have and continue to employ plenty of locals and they give an excellent xmas do in bar george every year too.

I'm amazed that everyone on here unconnected with Greenlight is so well informed.

I'm astounded that you should believe that because something has been "talked about" on here it must be gospel.

Greenlight is a Manx Company, completely based on the Isle of Man for the past 15 years. It has no English directors, just the Manx-based ones identified on its website.

At present it also employs about 25 local people, also identified on its website.

Now it has no work on the Isle of Man it may well become the kind of absentee you'be been talking about, maintaining the minimum presence required by UK law to qualify as Manx for financial reasons, but you could hardly be surprised by that, could you?

This decision completes the circle, and now the organistaion, promotion, Television and PR for the TT is all controlled by companies based in England.

Freedom to flourish?

Freedom to f*ck off, more like...

I've just heard our Minister of Tourism on Manx Radio, saying that North One is ideally placed to bring the TT to a wider audience blah, blah, and saying we've all just enjoyed the F1 Grand Prix at Spa and that's the kind of thing he has in mind.

Shame - as we have already heard on here - that North One actually had nothing to do with that brilliant racing coverage and were just responsible fror the Steve Rider and Mark Blundell talking heads stuff in the pitlane.

Bigger shame - much much MUCH bigger shame - that the people responsible for awarding the TV contract for the TT are unaware of even the simplest facts concerning the company they've just appointed.

Obviously they've given it the most careful consideration.

Or maybe they've just been fooled by the offer of a big cheque

It's OK

I've just heard North One chief exec say they'll be going to the biggest TV sales conferences, MIP and Sportel, in the next few weeks to sell the TT to broadcasters around the world, the inference being that this would not otherwise have happened, hooray!

But wait a sec. I'm told that Greenlight (and Duke) have been attending those same conferences (and others further afield) every year for the past ten years. And you'll never guess what they've been promoting...

It's OK

I've just heard North One chief exec say they'll be going to the biggest TV sales conferences, MIP and Sportel, in the next few weeks to sell the TT to broadcasters around the world, the inference being that this would not otherwise have happened, hooray!

But wait a sec. I'm told that Greenlight (and Duke) have been attending those same conferences (and others further afield) every year for the past ten years. And you'll never guess what they've been promoting...

You sound as passionate and informed as a Greenlight employee would presumably be Johnny. I guess only those who viewed the submissions from each company are in the best position to comment. If a presentation was full of nothing but hot air to win the contract then it will surely deflate next TT. Only time will tell. Have Greenlight lost or won any other contracts in recent times?

You sound as passionate and informed as a Greenlight employee would presumably be Johnny. I guess only those who viewed the submissions from each company are in the best position to comment. If a presentation was full of nothing but hot air to win the contract then it will surely deflate next TT. Only time will tell. Have Greenlight lost or won any other contracts in recent times?

If you look on their website you'll see that Greenlight has in fact many other contracts and lots of work, all of it off-island.

But I dare say that giving the TT contract to North One will bring a much greater financial benefit to the Island than waving Greenlight goodbye...

Oh yes. North One has the rights to ALL moving pictures, including internet and mobile phones. Not much hope for youtube posters there, I fear.

another move by the DTL to outsource every possible function of the TT to uk companies and get the wealth as far from the Isle of Man as possible.

I would be interested to know the Greenlight side of the story on this one, this year you could watch the entire NW200 Live on BBCi which was fantastic, 2 weeks later you have pay to listen to radio TT, if theres a change to the coverage of the TT surely this is the direction they should be going in?

Found this on another forum, and I for one dont want to see blood and guts on a Manx Street if true.

Right we all know how passionate you are about Road Racing and I would like to know your opinions on this topic.

Its alleged that the criteria for awarding the contract to film the TT was that the DTL wanted a company that would broadcast the TT LIVE and that the new company was the only one who would do it.

Would I not be right in saying that the outgoing Broadcaster was against this on Moral grounds, they did not want to give anyone the chance to witness what we all know are serious accidents at the TT.

How good would the TT look if millions of viewers witnessed the results and injuries of any accidents, how long would the TT last then.

I now believe this is how a Manx Company lost the Contract and could not blame them if they moved their business of Island, whats the use of spending £millions here if you have no work here.

I believe what I have been told and sure its true, so I would like to be the first to congratulate Greenlight TV for the thoughtfulness.

I would welcome all views on this, do you agree or disagree that the TT should be Broadcast Live.

i think this decision is inline with the DTL's TT policy of change for changes sake as clearly the TT was a shambles for the first 97 years and only has it come good in the past few under the 'expert' guidence of the "new TT".

@ jonnyrotten,

i encourage you to pen a email on your thoughts to studio@manxradio.com and we can listen to Stu Peters discuss this topic on Talking Heads. i would especially like to know who will be capturing the S100 and MGP in 2009 or is that like the course cars someone elses problem?

Best of luck to all at greenlight who have done the best job imaginable and contributed to the local economy.

Found this on another forum, and I for one dont want to see blood and guts on a Manx Street if true.

Right we all know how passionate you are about Road Racing and I would like to know your opinions on this topic.

Its alleged that the criteria for awarding the contract to film the TT was that the DTL wanted a company that would broadcast the TT LIVE and that the new company was the only one who would do it.

Would I not be right in saying that the outgoing Broadcaster was against this on Moral grounds, they did not want to give anyone the chance to witness what we all know are serious accidents at the TT.

How good would the TT look if millions of viewers witnessed the results and injuries of any accidents, how long would the TT last then.

I now believe this is how a Manx Company lost the Contract and could not blame them if they moved their business of Island, whats the use of spending £millions here if you have no work here.

I believe what I have been told and sure its true, so I would like to be the first to congratulate Greenlight TV for the thoughtfulness.

I would welcome all views on this, do you agree or disagree that the TT should be Broadcast Live.

the coverage could be edited a few minutes behind and commentated on as per the pictures the viewer is watching, theres is no need to over sensationalise the serious accidents.

Archived