Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

does it breach the subvention rules? iom oft are the first port of call but don't think you would get very far....

What subvention rule is being breached and why?
So which fat jock or hanger on are you?

I'm neither.

Which rules are being broken fuckleberry?

does it breach the subvention rules? iom oft are the first port of call but don't think you would get very far....

What subvention rule is being breached and why?
So which fat jock or hanger on are you?
I'm neither.

Which rules are being broken fuckleberry?

pants on fire.

• Like 1

mel gibson has got a lot þo ansẃer for. incidentally, they say the person who directed 'that' film is madly in love with him

they also said he wasn't scottish enough, he turned out to be a alcoholic wife beater, how much more scottish can you be....

• Like 3

Advocates never used to advertise.

They're on Manx Radio all the time these days. I find it repulsive and repugnant. Especially when they are trying to sound so cuddly. And especially when I have been ripped off by at least two of the companies who like to infiltrate the airwaves.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Advocates never used to advertise.

They're on Manx Radio all the time these days. I find it repulsive and repugnant. Especially when they are trying to sound so cuddly. And especially when I have been ripped off by at least two of the companies who like to infiltrate the airwaves.

They're using your money to do it.................

• Like 1

Ouch! Yes, that hurts.

Last visit I had to see one, he had a big fuck off £5k watch dangling off his wrist (same amount as it happens, that he lifted off me). And next time I see him, he was pissed up in Bar George after a day on the piss.

Edited by gettafa

• 1 month later...

I'm sort of getting MR now having listened to Jon Moss' feeble efforts at interviewing people at the Grandstand this afternoon. He's a middle aged, white, Ali G isn't he? I get it now - they're actually all just carefully constructed spoof interviews that are really secretly taking the piss out of the interviewees rather than making any sort of serious point. How could I not have seen this before? Most of the people interviewed today seemed to be slightly bemused at the amateurish and obscure ramblings of someone who claimed to work for our national radio station yet appeared to be some amiable bumbling stuffed suit asking a range of polite but irrelevant questions to fill in the time. The confusion and bemusement was palpable even on radio. But ha! The joke was clearly on them! It was all a set up to make some tourists look like complete dicks! 

Edited by hboy

18 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

That's Johnny Moss' ironic style; all bemused indifference and the old public school bluff that carries him through any interview even when he hasn't the faintest idea. 

He spends so much time blowing smoke up civil servants asses I'm not sure he knows how to address anyone who isn't wearing an official name badge, or who he doesn't know their full rank and title - "I say you, yes you Mr German Tourist, I'm randomly addressing you as I've been asked to do something that involves a real person for the radio". It was genuinely awkward stuff. The visitors replies of complete bemusement to the vapid questions were pure comedy gold. That's when I thought. This is all a carefully constructed joke and actually these are just spoof interviews designed to ridicule the interviewee not the interviewer. He is Ali G and he has a whole team of script writers behind him! 

Edited by hboy

1 hour ago, hboy said:

He spends so much time blowing smoke up civil servants asses I'm not sure he knows how to address anyone who isn't wearing an official name badge, or who he doesn't know their full rank and title - "I say you, yes you Mr German Tourist, I'm randomly addressing you as I've been asked to do something that involves a real person for the radio". It was genuinely awkward stuff. The visitors replies of complete bemusement to the vapid questions were pure comedy gold. That's when I thought. This is all a carefully constructed joke and actually these are just spoof interviews designed to ridicule the interviewee not the interviewer. He is Ali G and he has a whole team of script writers behind him! 

Maybe I am alone here, but John Moss is a nice, intelligent guy who wants to help the TT in particular and us in general.

Why all the hatred towards him ?

Edited to add that, yes he should drop the "Johnny" bit, but is a little tongue in cheek ;)

Edited by dilligaf