Why Do People Drive So Slowly?

ourtess

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe (keyboarder) you are the exception to the "nice" people on the IOM as you seem quite offensive but I guess you are just frustrated driving that old Lada around the island ;-) (only joking). Why would I bullsh*t about the speed I got on a bike that can do much more?? Somebody asked the question on what speed people had done on the island and I answered with the speed I had done! There is no need to get personal at all really.

Maybe (keyboarder) you are the exception to the "nice" people on the IOM as you seem quite offensive but I guess you are just frustrated driving that old Lada around the island ;-) (only joking). Why would I bullsh*t about the speed I got on a bike that can do much more?? Somebody asked the question on what speed people had done on the island and I answered with the speed I had done! There is no need to get personal at all really.

Was the road closed?

If not I think Keyboarder is implying you (and the other speed freaks) are a serious danger to yourself and more importantly other road users.

What's the thinking distance at 165 mph, and stopping distance - basically you'd be incapable of reacting to any unexpected event.

Nice to meet a person who asks the facts before making a statement! It was mad Sunday with one way traffic so when a nice straight and in the knowledge of no on-coming traffic it was a different matter than in everyday traffic in which I would never attempt such a speed for other peoples safety never mind my own.

I think you'll find that Mad Sunday does not fall on the 31st march.

I am aware of that fact but thanks for reminding me and please don't worry I will not be "menacing" the manx roads on any other date as I said in my first post there is a time and a place. I do appreciate your thoughts on road safety and safe driving/riding etc.

On the derestricted bits what is your highest speed. Mine is a low 70 mph as I am always driving big slow vehicles.

You mean vehicles that have a max speed limit of 50mph on any road, destrestricted or not? Well done you.

Not that big, but Motorhomes. I took my latest m'home around the Nurburgring last year, great fun.

Speeds in excess of 65/70 mph on the Isle of Man are unnecessary and reckless.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The intelligence behind your statement however, almost matches the thinking capacity & logical reasoning of a common or garden slug. Not just any slug, but one foolish enough to blunder into a salt maze and have to remain there until it gets frizzled by the sun while other creatures point & laugh.

Nothing personal. :)

The intelligence behind your statement however, almost matches the thinking capacity & logical reasoning of a common or garden slug. Not just any slug, but one foolish enough to blunder into a salt maze and have to remain there until it gets frizzled by the sun while other creatures point & laugh.

What is the point of posting this irrelevant waffle? And if it's not personal who exactly is it aimed at?

Years ago when I was 17 I did 120 mph down the Ballamoda. However I wouldn't even dream of doing that these days, its far far too dangerous which I have come to realise with age and a bit more sense.

In more recent times I dont go much above 70 and thats only when I am coming home in the early hours of the morning with barely any other traffic on the road.

What is the point of posting this irrelevant waffle? And if it's not personal who exactly is it aimed at?

I could ask exactly the same question about the comment it was in response to as that was indeed irrelevant waffle.

Perhaps you could explain why (as with a lot of your posts) your comments are always deemed to be "facts/the truth", and anything anyone else says is normally dismissed whether serious or not?

At the risk of sounding condescending I'll answer your question and explain the the point of posting my comments is thus:

I think the font I wrote that in is relatively clear to read.

As I'm sure you're aware - the nothing personal remark was simply a thinly veiled jibe at your similar comment, in which you were clearly aiming your comment at someone. Why did you add it if you didn't mean it?

Your double standards are fun. What's next? :)

- the nothing personal remark was simply a thinly veiled jibe at your similar comment, in which you were clearly aiming your comment at someone. Why did you add it if you didn't mean it?

Your double standards are fun.

Cret - you are either a little confused or you are failing to sufficiently clarify your point. Which similar comment are you referring to and in what way are my standards doubled? I suspect you are just desperately spoiling for an argument, for whatever reason.

Archived