Why Do People Drive So Slowly?

ourtess

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today I was following a car rescue vehicle off the Brandywell turnoff, it stopped where one of these was badly damaged after a front ender

...and I thought "say no bloody more"

Who the hell needs speed limits eh

Exactly - bloody vauxhall drivers!!

Anyway the car you drive is owned by some of the most dangerous drivers on the roads - especially to people on bikes!! :P

What about around Brandish? I hear 130mph is now no problem at all...i havent tried it yet, and to be honest i doubt i ever will, i think i will stick to goin fast on the open straights.

BTW, how many bikers have killed other road users? I dont think i can recall one, so the comment about bikes being dangerous to others seems a bit daft....i may be wrong, but if someone wants to go fast on a bike then really the only persons life they are endangering is their own (subject to bizarre circumstances that is)

140 is very easily done on mountain road on a bike and in my opinion is no more dangerous than doing 70 in a fiesta.

I decline your offer of a pillion as I expect you are, like most TT visitors, very inexperienced at riding motorcycles at very high speeds.

What a sweeping statment.

You obviously dont have a clue!

Ok, I stand to be corrected. Where do non road racers gain experience of riding bikes at 150+mph if they don't live on the Isle of Man?

BTW, how many bikers have killed other road users? I dont think i can recall one, so the comment about bikes being dangerous to others seems a bit daft....

This has happened - I can recall a couple, one not that many years ago.

Yep I did an accident report for a court inquest a good few years ago (maybe 8-9 yrs ago) and had to put together the pictures of the deceased at the scene of accident. The motorcyclist went through the windscreen of a van and killed the driver and then carried on thorugh the back doors of the van. Not a pretty site, but both deceased. This was on the mountain road, it was a head on collision and the motorcyclist was at fault, taking the corner too fast and ending up in the oncoming lane.

Where do non road racers gain experience of riding bikes at 150+mph if they don't live on the Isle of Man?

Autobahn

Recommended ones for this sort of activity are:

The A95 from Munich to my hometown - very little traffic outside the holiday periods, good visibility, and suitable for higher speeds. My Neighbour back then used it on many a weekend - out pops the Ferrari at 6am, waking up the neighbourhood - off he went to munich for a spot of brekkie, and back he came a couple of hours later - parked the prancing horse in the garage, and took his old merc out to go shopping - style :)

The A9 from Nuremberg to Munich

a9yp3.jpg

3 to 4 lanes with clear views for miles (literally) - came back from an AVIS job on there once, doing around 120 in one of the slower lanes, only to be overtaken by something on two wheels - it felt as if I was standing. As there was super little traffic and no limit, he was perfectly entitled to max his bike out.

The A2 in the north of Germany - also pretty straight, and reasonably quiet outside the holiday periods or on early mornings - just look out for ye olde bill chasing car thiefs towards eastern europe on there, as that's the main route out of Germany for most stolen cars.

Archived